Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My football prayers were answered yesterday

Legend

User Info Menu

My football prayers were answered yesterday

1. No Hairball brother in the SB
    2. No *s/Marsha Brady in the SB.

But for the actual SB, it's a hard pick. I've made a 360 degree turn and have become a Manning admirer since he came back from his injury. But I don't want another QB to join Ben in the 2-SB-win category.

But since the SeaHag fans are *STILL* beyotching about their loss against us in Ben's 1st SB, I have to confess I would take pleasure in the schaudenfreud of their loss (especially if on a controversial play).

Oh, what shall I do??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ditto for me
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep, I feel the same way. I'm so freaking happy that neither the *'s nor the hairball is there....Now it's at least watchable...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

I also wanted a SEA-DEN Superbowl. I will be rooting for Seattle for 3 reasons.
    1) Their Defense is physical in a way that I want the Steelers defense to become. They play big boy Defense.
    2) Nothing is better than watching Lynch go into beast mode.
    3) The Seattle fans deserve an NFL Championship. They have a small but highly loyal following that knows how to make noise at home.

For those don't want Seattle to win because their fans still hold a grudge about their last SB I ask this...If the shoe were on the other foot would you be bitter? We have Steelers fans who are bitter over the Succop miss and the officiating in the SD-KC game and we weren't even involved in that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was praying somehow the Broncos and Pats would forfeit and the Steelers would somehow end up in the SuperBowl in 2 weeks. Oh well, somethings seem impossible for even God???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love to see MANNING win one more and retire since he's in the AFC still. Seattle will be around for a while.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    I also wanted a SEA-DEN Superbowl. I will be rooting for Seattle for 3 reasons.
    1) Their Defense is physical in a way that I want the Steelers defense to become. They play big boy Defense.
    2) Nothing is better than watching Lynch go into beast mode.
    3) The Seattle fans deserve an NFL Championship. They have a small but highly loyal following that knows how to make noise at home.

For those don't want Seattle to win because their fans still hold a grudge about their last SB I ask this...If the shoe were on the other foot would you be bitter? We have Steelers fans who are bitter over the Succop miss and the officiating in the SD-KC game and we weren't even involved in that game.
    Agreed on all counts. I have to say, I also like Russell Wilson- he seems like good people. I also like the way that Pete Carroll coaches and conducts himself (from what I've seen anyway). It doesn't hurt that they probably have the coolest uni's in the game right now as well.

There was no winning in the AFC game to me. I dislike the Donkeys and the Pats*, but I think highly of Brady so they would have been the lesser evil to me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    1. No Hairball brother in the SB
    2. No *s/Marsha Brady in the SB.

But for the actual SB, it's a hard pick. I've made a 360 degree turn and have become a Manning admirer since he came back from his injury. But I don't want another QB to join Ben in the 2-SB-win category.

But since the SeaHag fans are *STILL* beyotching about their loss against us in Ben's 1st SB, I have to confess I would take pleasure in the schaudenfreud of their loss (especially if on a controversial play).

Oh, what shall I do??

Number 1 was big for me ... those Harballs are like bizarro world to me .... look the same, whine the same, talk the same, act the same. The second one surely brought some satisfaction, too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I have to say, I also like Russell Wilson- he seems like good people. I also like the way that Pete Carroll coaches and conducts himself (from what I've seen anyway). It doesn't hurt that they probably have the 2nd coolest uni's in the game right now as well.

Fixed that for you, Sugar!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Fixed that for you, Sugar!
    After the Steelers prison uniforms?