Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My football prayers were answered yesterday

Legend

User Info Menu

If it was Seattle-New England, I would have been rooting hard for Seattle.

If it was Denver-San Francisco, I would have been rooting hard for Denver.

If it were San-Francisco-New England, I would have thrown up in my Cheerios like last year's Harbaugh Bowl.

Seattle-Denver was the best possible outcome from this weekend. Not sure who I'll root for. We always invite several neighbors over for a Super Bowl Party at my house, so if the neighbor who is big Broncos fan comes over, I'll likely root for them in his honor, even though I'm more of a defensive guy. I considered holding the Seahawks SBXL whining against them, but everyone from that era is long gone. I respect what John Schneider has been able to build up there, but it going to be difficult to field a truly dominant front 7 when the team is going to have to pony up big dollars for the likes of Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, etc. real soon.

And for those who have been fawning over the Seattle unis, those things are horrendous. I thought that neon highlighter green as a staple uniform color when out with the old Orlando Thunder of the World League of American Football. When it comes to fashion statements in the Pacific Northwest, I think they should stick with the flannel shirts of the Nirvana era 90's rather than the ridiculousness that the Oregon Ducks and the Seattle Seahawks trot out on a weekly basis.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Any given Sunday. And speaking of what you're amazed by, I think Tom Brady was equally "amazed" when the "greatest offense ever assembled" went 17-0 and Brady LAUGHED at Plaxico Burress when he JOKINGLY said in an interview before the Super Bowl that the score would be something-to-17. What did the almighty Brady score in that Super Bowl again? Against a SIXTH seed NFC team?
    When your arrogant like Brady and Bellicheat these type of things happen. They put their own goals above all others with their dishonesty and cheating. They are a false stat in the record book.

Legend

User Info Menu

All I cared was that the cheats and 9ers were out. It happened. I genuinely don't care what happens. I am not sure I would even watch it. Ice fishing sounds very cool right now.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My girlfriend will kill me if I don't root for the donkeys. But I went to the Seahawks preseason game, and the people in that city were such a-holes I wouldn't root for the Seahawks anyway. Funny for two states that have legalized marijuana, the people are generally not too friendly, lol.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

And this is why I'm glad this a-hole didn't make it back to the big dance:

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/tom-brady-will-not-watch-the-super-bowl/[/URL]

Tom Brady will not watch the Super Bowl
    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 21, 2014, 9:21 PM EST

The Super Bowl is America’s most-watched television show every year, but Patriots quarterback Tom Brady won’t be among the 100 million or more watching.

Brady said on WEEI that he doesn’t think he’d be able to enjoy tuning in to watch the Super Bowl as a fan, a week after his own team was eliminated with a loss to the Broncos in the AFC Championship Game.

“I don’t have much of a rooting interest, truthfully,” Brady said. “Those games are hard to watch. I don’t really see myself sitting down to enjoy a football game to watch it. Our season’s over. Truthfully, I could care less about watching the game. That’s pretty much how I feel.”

So while you’re watching the Super Bowl, Brady will be watching Downton Abbey or True Detective instead.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/tom-brady-will-not-watch-the-super-bowl/[/URL]
    I don't have a problem with that. When the Steelers have lost the Championship game I don't care if I see the SB either. I normally just go to a SB party and drink as much as possible.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

A little off topic but a reporter asked Steve Smith if he would root for Seattle right after Carolina lost to SF.

“You really want me to thump you upside the head?,” Smith said ([URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000312718/article/steve-smith-rips-reporter-after-carolina-panthers-loss"]via NFL.com[/URL]). “That was the dumbest question, and that's the second dumbest question you've asked. I only cheer for one team. Actually, two teams. My team and my kid's team. Other than that I can give a bleep.”

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A little off topic but a reporter asked Steve Smith if he would root for Seattle right after Carolina lost to SF.

“You really want me to thump you upside the head?,” Smith said ([URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000312718/article/steve-smith-rips-reporter-after-carolina-panthers-loss"]via NFL.com[/URL]). “That was the dumbest question, and that's the second dumbest question you've asked. I only cheer for one team. Actually, two teams. My team and my kid's team. Other than that I can give a bleep.”
    Great reaction.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Agreed. I look for the Seahawks to get their first Super Bowl win.
    I still don't want to have to face him, he's now 11-11 in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl vs Russell Wilson. Which quarterback would you rather have in two weeks time?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

I don't mind the comment. I usually feel the same way when the Steelers are eliminated.