Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My football prayers were answered yesterday

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad with yesterdays results and I want Manning to win at least two more Super Bowls as long as it doesn't come against interfering with the Steelers success. As long as Manning wins more than Brady, maybe we won't have to hear so much of the slobber fest they do over Brady from now on. I'd rather be happy or praise a person that isn't arrogant, doesn't knock up girls and not marry them or hasn't made his career from cheating.

Legend

User Info Menu

The more I watched the game yesterday, the more I found myself disliking Seattle and its fans. I suppose its because I remembered their complaining after the Steelers beat them in the SB.

I like the matchup of the #1 offense vs. the #1 defense. I usually root for defense in a battle like that, but this time, I'm rooting for the Broncos.

Legend

User Info Menu

Going into this weekend, the only team that I wanted out for sure was SF. I can't stand Harbaugh, and I cringe every time I see his whiny face.

However, going back one more week, I would have chosen Carolina/Seattle and KC/Indy/San Diego.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    1. No Hairball brother in the SB
    2. No *s/Marsha Brady in the SB.

But for the actual SB, it's a hard pick. I've made a 360 degree turn and have become a Manning admirer since he came back from his injury. But I don't want another QB to join Ben in the 2-SB-win category.

But since the SeaHag fans are *STILL* beyotching about their loss against us in Ben's 1st SB, I have to confess I would take pleasure in the schaudenfreud of their loss (especially if on a controversial play).

Oh, what shall I do??
    Eli has 2 super bowl rings to match Ben's. Don't really care who wins the super bowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

A few things have become evident to me watching the playoffs and the biggest is that all the hotshot young quarterbacks aren't really all that and a bag of chips. I think the read option will disappear once Wilson and Kaepernick get injured (and they will). Wilson has already stopped tucking the ball and taking off as much as he did last year and early this year; unfortunately, he also seemed reluctant to trust his reads and throw the football. The one time he did on the free play he hit it for TD on 4th down.

Kaepernick probably should have been intercepted 3 or 4 times yesterday with poor decisions and throws. These guys are good enough to win right now because their defenses come to play and are playing at a high level, with an average defense (the Steeler defense) they would have been 8-8 or worse, IMO.

I was actually hoping for Brady to win, I like Peyton the person, I dislike Peyton the football player simply because of his propensity to curl up in the fetal position at the slightest hint of contact.

I like Russell Wilson he seems like a good guy, so, I'll be pulling for him to have a great game and the Hawks beating the Broncs.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    1. No Hairball brother in the SB
    2. No *s/Marsha Brady in the SB.

But for the actual SB, it's a hard pick. I've made a 360 degree turn and have become a Manning admirer since he came back from his injury. But I don't want another QB to join Ben in the 2-SB-win category.

But since the SeaHag fans are *STILL* beyotching about their loss against us in Ben's 1st SB, I have to confess I would take pleasure in the schaudenfreud of their loss (especially if on a controversial play).

Oh, what shall I do??
    Not having to listen to Nantz and Simms for eight months is an added bonus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Screw the Seahawks and their fans here.

They actually have the audacity to call them the 4Whiners,

And 51 weeks out of the year you rarely see much fan paraphenalia, jerseys, flags, bumper stickers, etc., and now I have renamed this city Bandwagon, WA.

Their fans STILL walk by at our Steelers bar and heckel us. Frickin so sick of their rookie asses.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 01-20-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Gotta go with Manning. No better way to top off the greatest season by any QB in history other than winning the superbowl while doing it against the best defense in the league.

'nuff said.

Go Broncos!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I was actually hoping for Brady to win, I like Peyton the person, I dislike Peyton the football player simply because of his propensity to curl up in the fetal position at the slightest hint of contact.

I like Russell Wilson he seems like a good guy, so, I'll be pulling for him to have a great game and the Hawks beating the Broncs.

Pappy
    I'll agree on that. I wanted Brady to win too, just because I like him better than Manning. Aside from that, the teams are equally unlikable in my book.

I have a scale where I have the team that I love most, our beloved Steelers. At the bottom are the Ravens. Everyone else is somewhere in the middle, but there seems to be a lot to like about the Seahawks for me.

And yes, I still contend that they have the best uni's in the game. I love our Steelers, but that doesn't mean that they look the best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Gotta go with Manning. No better way to top off the greatest season by any QB in history other than winning the superbowl while doing it against the best defense in the league.

'nuff said.

Go Broncos!!!
    Don't forget, his output has been enhanced by league rules
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.