Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My football prayers were answered yesterday

Starter

User Info Menu

Well, I will agree that it's good to have a Super Bowl with no Harbaughs in it, but I can't really go along with point #2 in the OP.

I am just amazed that a Broncos team that set all-time records for scoring, playing at home in perfect weather with its offense intact, getting a 400 yard, 0 turnover game out of its QB, couldn't put a seriously flawed Patriots team away. They also struggled at home against the Chargers. And Denver has one of the best home field advantages in the league, what with playing at that altitude. And their defense has been playing well, too.

In two weeks, on a neutral field, at sea-level and in cold weather, I think the wheels come off.
    Last edited by tiproast; 01-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    A few things have become evident to me watching the playoffs and the biggest is that all the hotshot young quarterbacks aren't really all that and a bag of chips. I think the read option will disappear once Wilson and Kaepernick get injured (and they will). Wilson has already stopped tucking the ball and taking off as much as he did last year and early this year; unfortunately, he also seemed reluctant to trust his reads and throw the football. The one time he did on the free play he hit it for TD on 4th down.

Kaepernick probably should have been intercepted 3 or 4 times yesterday with poor decisions and throws. These guys are good enough to win right now because their defenses come to play and are playing at a high level, with an average defense (the Steeler defense) they would have been 8-8 or worse, IMO.

I was actually hoping for Brady to win, I like Peyton the person, I dislike Peyton the football player simply because of his propensity to curl up in the fetal position at the slightest hint of contact.

I like Russell Wilson he seems like a good guy, so, I'll be pulling for him to have a great game and the Hawks beating the Broncs.

Pappy
    Hmm... I think these young QB's will be around for a while. Wilson struggled a bit but SF was in the backfield as soon as he dropped back to pass. The shorter drops worked but since he is short he struggles to find throwing lanes. Remember what Ben looked lioe vs SF? It wasnt pretty. They have a great D.

Kap isnt the best passer but again... he is playing against the LOB. Best defensive secondary in football.

I thought the Pats would put together a better game plan but Peyton was on fire. I hate Brady tho... he has a punchable face and is an extremely sore loser. I respect his game but I enjoy seeing him lose.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hmm... I think these young QB's will be around for a while. Wilson struggled a bit but SF was in the backfield as soon as he dropped back to pass. The shorter drops worked but since he is short he struggles to find throwing lanes. Remember what Ben looked lioe vs SF? It wasnt pretty. They have a great D.

Kap isnt the best passer but again... he is playing against the LOB. Best defensive secondary in football.

I thought the Pats would put together a better game plan but Peyton was on fire. I hate Brady tho... he has a punchable face and is an extremely sore loser. I respect his game but I enjoy seeing him lose.
    I don't think the young guys are going anywhere, I just don't think their style of play will last in the NFL,particularly as they get hit more and age at the same time. Peyton is rarely not on fire and when he isn't on fire your offense needs to score points, because even when he isn't on fire, by the end of the game it seems he'll have 27 on the board at a minimum.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I don't think the young guys are going anywhere, I just don't think their style of play will last in the NFL,particularly as they get hit more and age at the same time. Peyton is rarely not on fire and when he isn't on fire your offense needs to score points, because even when he isn't on fire, by the end of the game it seems he'll have 27 on the board at a minimum.

Pappy
    Peyton on fire in the playoffs is extremely rare...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post

In two weeks, on a neutral field, at sea-level and in cold weather, I think the wheels come off.
    Agreed. I look for the Seahawks to get their first Super Bowl win.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peyton can't throw in cold weather.

I am rooting for Seahawks...love watching that team. Great D and Lynch in beast mode is amazing to watch.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Well, I will agree that it's good to have a Super Bowl with no Harbaughs in it, but I can't really go along with point #2 in the OP.

I am just amazed that a Broncos team that set all-time records for scoring, playing at home in perfect weather with its offense intact, getting a 400 yard, 0 turnover game out of its QB, couldn't put a seriously flawed Patriots team away. They also struggled at home against the Chargers. And Denver has one of the best home field advantages in the league, what with playing at that altitude. And their defense has been playing well, too.

Any given Sunday. And speaking of what you're amazed by, I think Tom Brady was equally "amazed" when the "greatest offense ever assembled" went 17-0 and Brady LAUGHED at Plaxico Burress when he JOKINGLY said in an interview before the Super Bowl that the score would be something-to-17. What did the almighty Brady score in that Super Bowl again? Against a SIXTH seed NFC team?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Seahawks are a fun throw-back team to watch. Great D, pound the rock, a quarterback that generally won't lose the game. I love it. And they are young. A number of those guys are soon to be in the "Pay the Man!" mode here pretty soon so we'll see how long they can keep it together. I'll enjoy watching the game, I like Peyton Manning and think it'll be a lot of fun watching him Shill for Papa Johns, or Buick or occasionally host Saturday Night Live; he's a pretty funny guy and I'd have no problem watching him go out a winner.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Screw the Seahawks and their fans here.

They actually have the audacity to call them the 4Whiners,

And 51 weeks out of the year you rarely see much fan paraphenalia, jerseys, flags, bumper stickers, etc., and now I have renamed this city Bandwagon, WA.

Their fans STILL walk by at our Steelers bar and heckel us. Frickin so sick of their rookie asses.
    Same here. Fair weather fans, indeed. And as much as I dislike the Manning family, I'd like to see Peyton get the monkey off his back.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Any given Sunday. And speaking of what you're amazed by, I think Tom Brady was equally "amazed" when the "greatest offense ever assembled" went 17-0 and Brady LAUGHED at Plaxico Burress when he JOKINGLY said in an interview before the Super Bowl that the score would be something-to-17. What did the almighty Brady score in that Super Bowl again? Against a SIXTH seed NFC team?
    Fair point - but just for the sake of accuracy, they were 18-0 going into that Super Bowl. Knowledgeable NFL fans usually grasp that a #1 seed has to win two playoff games prior to the Super Bowl.