Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: belichek crying about welker

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good, I hope Welker gets upset enough for him to start spilling the beans on how the pats would cheat.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL confirms Wes Welker’s hit on Aqib Talib was legal
    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 22, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
    aqibtalib Getty Images

Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn’t like it, but Broncos receiver Wes Welker didn’t violate NFL rules when he hit Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib on Sunday.

NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino has confirmed that Welker’s hit — which knocked Talib out of the AFC Championship Game — was legal.

“Under the current rules, this is a legal play,” Blandino said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Blandino’s phrasing — “under the current rules” — suggests that the NFL’s Competition Committee will look at such hits during the offseason and consider a rules change that would protect defensive players from getting drilled by one receiver while they’re trailing another receiver.

Until that rule exists, however, receivers are free to hit defensive backs that way. With the Broncos looking for every advantage they can find as they prepare to face a great Seattle secondary, don’t be surprised if they run more of those pick plays in the Super Bowl.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/nfl-confirms-wes-welkers-hit-on-aqib-talib-was-legal/[/URL]

That's about it sour grapes
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they'll change the rule to make bb and the cheats owner happy over off season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/nfl-confirms-wes-welkers-hit-on-aqib-talib-was-legal/[/URL]

That's about it sour grapes

Live by the video tape, die by the video tape.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Live by the video tape, die by the video tape.
    Amen, Dukie!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Obviously major hyperbole by BB; I am surprised he's not wise enough to realize how bad this makes him look. He usually is very aware of what words NOT to put out there. "One of the worst plays he has ever seen?" Right, a marginal pick play by a little white guy hitting a bigger CB is one of the worst plays he has ever seen? It wasn't even the worst play in that game, I am pretty sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Obviously major hyperbole by BB; I am surprised he's not wise enough to realize how bad this makes him look. He usually is very aware of what words NOT to put out there. "One of the worst plays he has ever seen?" Right, a marginal pick play by a little white guy hitting a bigger CB is one of the worst plays he has ever seen? It wasn't even the worst play in that game, I am pretty sure.
    And it was child's play compared to the NFC game. The league should fine Belichick for being an a$$ and a generally miserable human. I loathe every single aspect of that miserable, cheating, lying, arrogant, sore-losing organization.

Starter

User Info Menu

"One of the worst plays I have ever seen." ~ Bill Belichek

How about the "Tuck Rule" that screwed Oakland out of the Playoffs, huh Billy? Not ranked in your worst plays, being that you benifited from it. CHUD!
    Last edited by Steeler Mafia; 01-23-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent