Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny, that his passing league down the stretch...

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I don't think that's the whole story; some of us don't want to go DL in the first round because, traditionally, we didn't need to draft our DL in the first round in the 3-4 system, since DL men are not the "stars" of this D. Other than Hampton, first round picks on DL men was rare prior to Hood and Heyward.

Ta'amu - 4th rd.
    McBean - 4th
    Harris - 4th
    Nua - 7th
    Adibi - 5th
    Keisel - 7th
    Bailey - 6th
    Clancy - 3rd
    Aaron Smith - 4th
    Staat - 2nd
    Rubio - 7th
    Manuel - 6th
    Raybon - 6th
    Roye - 7th
    Gibson - 4th
    Buckner - 2nd
    Henry - 4th

first round picks - 1 of the 3 was phenomenal, 1 of the 3 looks very promising, 1 of the 3 wasn't very good

other picks - 2 of the 17 were top quality starters (Smith and Keisel), Buckner started 2 seasons then left, Roye started 1.5 yrs then left, and Henry started 5 yrs after being a backup for 3

based on that, I'll take my odds with a first round pick - I'm really liking the idea of Louis Nix right now

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    first round picks - 1 of the 3 was phenomenal, 1 of the 3 looks very promising, 1 of the 3 wasn't very good

other picks - 2 of the 17 were top quality starters (Smith and Keisel), Buckner started 2 seasons then left, Roye started 1.5 yrs then left, and Henry started 5 yrs after being a backup for 3

based on that, I'll take my odds with a first round pick - I'm really liking the idea of Louis Nix right now
    Bingooooo!

Hall of Famer
    I hope its not a DL in Rd 1. 3 first Rd picks in 5 years in a 3-4 D is receipe for disaster.

I can bet a dollar Steelers are not drafting DL in Rd 1.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE