Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers To Interview Munchak for OL Coach

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

was our o-line coach doing that badly ? if that's the case, they should fire our special team coach

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. Hope he is hired in the Burgh.!
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ben and Haley were able to work out something in the second half of last season to keep his jersey clean (more of a change in the decisions Ben was making than better blocking). They can work on keeping that going into next year.

What I want from a new OL coach is someone who will be able to open up holes for Le'Veon Bell. The rook showed flashes of being special despite very limited blocking in front of him. When Munchak was OL coach in Tennessee, Chris Johnson was the feared CJ2K. When Munchak was otherwise occupied with additional head coaching responsibilities, Chris Johnson was a shell of his former self. Munchak was also their OL coach for Eddie George's entire career (and the closest physical comparison to Le'Veon Bell that I was able to think of was Eddie George). He also was able to get respectable rushing numbers out of guys like Travis Henry, Lendale White, and Chris Brown.
    And there is the money. The biggest need on O is to open up some holes for Bell. The scary thing about Bell is the fact that he has never really run behind a great OL...not in college and certainly not in the Burgh. He has made a career by sliding through small cracks in a D, and catching the ball.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

shawn you've said what I've been thinking about bell and the situation. if that kid ever has an o-line that can give him some daylight, watch him be an nfl star.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And there is the money. The biggest need on O is to open up some holes for Bell. The scary thing about Bell is the fact that he has never really run behind a great OL...not in college and certainly not in the Burgh. He has made a career by sliding through small cracks in a D, and catching the ball.
    yep.. run blocking is my main concern. Bell never ran through a well blocked hole last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    shawn you've said what I've been thinking about bell and the situation. if that kid ever has an o-line that can give him some daylight, watch him be an nfl star.
    He is an OL away from a pro bowl season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep.. run blocking is my main concern. Bell never ran through a well blocked hole last season.
    Pretty much the same deal at MSU. He has thrived behind average OL's. I would love to see some holes for him to run through.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Pretty much the same deal at MSU. He has thrived behind average OL's. I would love to see some holes for him to run through.
    And at MSU he played with no QB, and no receivers. He really was the only focus on O.