Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Early Mock from NFL.com Has the Steelers Taking....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    1. There is no way Jernigan lasts to 28. We get a Ziggy Hood at 32 a few years back, and the 49ers land Jernigan there? You put Jernigan with that defense, and it is lights out.
    2. Kuondjio ain't beating out Greg Robinson... not after their respective BCS performances.
    3. Speaking of Tackles, Taylor Lewan in the Top 10 still?
    4. And Marquis Lee over Sammy Watkins?

Both opinions seem so 2013, as if Charles Davis (NFL expert analyst) didn't even do any research this season.
    Most mocks I've seen have Lewan either Top 10 or 15. I still think a good choice for us if he is there.

Would love to see Lee over Watkins and Watkins there for us at #15. Either of them or Evans would be great for us at #15.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting that they have Nix going one pick ahead of us. I think that NT may be a little more a need for us. But the the thought of Timmons and Mosley prowling the inside of the field is daunting. Still though, they need a dominant DL to keep blockers off of them.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    I thought Mosley was an inside backer? I'd love to get the pass catching tight end (Ebron?) or the 6'5" receiver from Texas A&M and then go defense the rest of the draft. But that's just me. I just don't watch enough college football to pick the guys all that well.
    I had the same kind of thought on this draft. Get an elite pass catching option in the first and then load up on defense.

I think I would be ok with Mosley - from what I've seen, his instincts get as much acclaim as his physical skills - but I would prefer a game changer, regardless of the side of the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Do you really think their board will only have defensive players? As I understand it they build the board based on their total evaluation of players regardless of position. Quite a few offensive players will rate higher than those guys even if you exclude QBs. Specifcally Evans (WR), Lee (WR), Ebron (TE), Lewan (OT) and possibly Amaro (TE).
    I think Nix will be higher than Evans and Amaro. I think Watkins will be gone. Therefore my board represents who I think has a real shot at being there. Thankfully for the Steelers its D heavy in the middle.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Most mocks I've seen have Lewan either Top 10 or 15. I still think a good choice for us if he is there.

Would love to see Lee over Watkins and Watkins there for us at #15. Either of them or Evans would be great for us at #15.
    Lewan? He is a 4th round talent. Have you watched him play? He got abused...and I mean abused by Bosa (tOSU freshman).
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

At one point I really wanted Lewan...as a Wolverines fan, I got to watch him a lot. Yeah...he went on a decline especially after the domestic situation he was in regarding threatening a couple of Ohio State fans and allegedly sexually insulting a girl at a party. He looked like a first round talent...but yes, he's ended up looking like a fourth rounder.

Someone will budge and draft him in the first, I just hope it's not going to be the Steelers at #15.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    At one point I really wanted Lewan...as a Wolverines fan, I got to watch him a lot. Yeah...he went on a decline especially after the domestic situation he was in regarding threatening a couple of Ohio State fans and allegedly sexually insulting a girl at a party. He looked like a first round talent...but yes, he's ended up looking like a fourth rounder.

Someone will budge and draft him in the first, I just hope it's not going to be the Steelers at #15.
    I would bet money it won't be the Steelers.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not saying Lewan can't play. Actually, he has lots of qualities that I like to see in an O-lineman: physical talent of course, but also intelligence, and surly. (His surliness is actually a cause for concern. He seems to tread into Incognito territory.) He just has too much competition (Robinson, Kuondjio) in the Top 10. I think he slides into that 16-20 range.

As for a WR, I would strongly prefer Watkins/Lee over a "big WR" like Evans. I don't see WR as much of a need, but if our FO deems WR to be BPA, I'd be happy to see either in black/gold. (I still strongly lean defense though.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lewan? He is a 4th round talent. Have you watched him play? He got abused...and I mean abused by Bosa (tOSU freshman).
    The media "experts" who evaluate these guys for a living haven't come close to agreeing with you. Everything I've seen has him solidly in Round 1. Not saying there right and you are wrong but there is a pretty strong concensus that Lewan is more Round 1 talent than Round 4 talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm not saying Lewan can't play. Actually, he has lots of qualities that I like to see in an O-lineman: physical talent of course, but also intelligence, and surly. (His surliness is actually a cause for concern. He seems to tread into Incognito territory.) He just has too much competition (Robinson, Kuondjio) in the Top 10. I think he slides into that 16-20 range.

As for a WR, I would strongly prefer Watkins/Lee over a "big WR" like Evans. I don't see WR as much of a need, but if our FO deems WR to be BPA, I'd be happy to see either in black/gold. (I still strongly lean defense though.)
    I'd actually prefer a guy like Amaro at TE over the "big WR" however if Mike Evans is there he would be very hard to pass on. I've always thought TEs like Amaro transition to the NFL faster than WRs and create more defensive match up issues.