Thread: Tomlin vs Cowher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    This. The Steelers had a cream puff schedule. I'm glad they were winning more games at the end of the year, and it was good to see some offensive improvement, because those things may give a little something to build on. But let's be realistic...if this team doesn't take seriously its need to make some changes, we're probably looking at 8-8 again next season. And I can't get excited about that.
    There is no such thing as a cream puff schedule in the NFL. Fans need to get over the belief that the Steelers are better then other teams by a wide margin. Key mistakes have a way contributing to losses. The Steelers simply turned the ball over to much in the first 4 games of the season. As a result, the team started the season 0-4. The key change the Steelers needed to make was simply taking better care of the football.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    There is no such thing as a cream puff schedule in the NFL.
    Going by 2012 records, the Steelers' 2013 opponents had a winning percentage of .496. Going by 2013 regular season records, the winning percentage of their opponents was only .466. Only 3 games in the entire season were against teams that ended up winning more than half their games! Maybe "cream puff" was not the right terminology, but the Steelers' 2013 schedule was about as close to it as it gets.

I agree with you that mistakes were a big part of their 0-4 start, but even after they cleaned that up, they still weren't exactly playing like worldbeaters. If they are going to be able to contend with the best teams, they still have their work cut out for them.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 01-20-2014 at 01:44 PM.