Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching the 9ers, Seahawks, Panthers' D......

Hybrid View

Pro Bowler

Watching the 9ers, Seahawks, Panthers' D......

....makes me really realize how the Steelers' D is just not in the class of the top Ds out there.

We really do look slow by comparison.

Those Ds contest virtually everything. Almost every pass, they have defenders all around the receiver, making simple completions very arduous. All of those Ds are wicked. We just aren't in their class anymore. Not even close. The speed and hitting is far beyond what they Steelers were this year.

The solution? I say new blood, including putting our 75-year-old DC to pasture. Nothing lasts forever. And men in their mid 70's should not be filling such a big time role. He should be growing a garden, smelling the roses and chilling out. We need new blood both in players and coaches. We need some youth added to the secondary, LBs (please tell me Foote won't be back) and DL. They better draft the crap out of this draft.

Rookie
    Just give me a top 5 defense and a good running game. Heck with the NFL being an all passing league. I don't like the 30+ point shootouts that the league has become. Its a formula that has worked in the past.

Disagree 110%. LeBeau is the best DC out there. I don't care how old he is. There are 80 something CEO's out there running multi billion dollar companies and they are just as or even more efficient as your 40 somethings.....You think letting a younger Butler run the defense will automatically make the players run faster and quicker?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Disagree 110%. LeBeau is the best DC out there. I don't care how old he is. There are 80 something CEO's out there running multi billion dollar companies and they are just as or even more efficient as your 40 somethings.....You think letting a younger Butler run the defense will automatically make the players run faster and quicker?
    First of all, 80-something CEOs doing the job better than the 40-something year old counterparts is the exception, not the rule. You know that. 80-year-olds tend to lose energy, or not have any to begin with. It's a biological fact. Is an 80-year-old going to put in 12-hour work days? Highly doubtful. Not without naps.

Secondly, part of why we don't have younger legs out there is Leboo's ridiculous policy of not letting younger players see the field. Other teams, like the 49ers, Seahawks and Panthers, ALL find ways to get younger players on the field and producing. Did stud defenders, such as Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner, Earl Thomas, Bowman, Eric Reid, etc. have to wait 3-4 years before seeing the field? Hellz to the nos. Not finding a way to get young studs on the field is killing this team. The proof is in the pudding. Steelers were a pedestian 13th in D (19th in scoring D). All those 3 teams were in the top 5. Our offense was good enough to win if we didn't have a slow, weak D.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Hellz to the nos.
    And with one line, all credibility from the post vanished...

Legend

Most 80 year old CEOs DO NOT deal with the day to day running and details of a company and the work schedule and stress that entails. Most handle media and investor relations and chair board meetings.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    board meetings are very stressful
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    board meetings are very stressful
    yeah.. most of them go like this:

"Profits are down, shareholders are angry... We regret to inform you that we have to let you go with a 30 million dollar parachute and 3 mill in stocks."

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yeah.. most of them go like this:

"Profits are down, shareholders are angry... We regret to inform you that we have to let you go with a 30 million dollar parachute and 3 mill in stocks."
    That sounds exactly like no board meeting I've ever been in.

DL seems to have plenty of spunk to keep up with the kids. Dan Rooney, on the other hand...

Legend
    This is the second time someone has posted the 80 year old CEO defense. How many 80 year olds run around with 20 year old gifted athletes on a daily basis?