Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It is Clear what the Steelers Offense Needs

Legend

User Info Menu

It is Clear what the Steelers Offense Needs

Watching these playoffs, it is very clear the Steelers need a beast at WR. Boldin has dominated everyone he plays against. He was Kap's safety valve most of the afternoon as he was Flacco's in their playoff. If the Steelers can't find a WR of his stature in this draft, they need to grab a TE-hybrid. Think of the damage Roethlisberger could do with a WR that can actually outmuscle the DB. Supposely this draft is ripe with WR talent, so I can see a 1st or 2nd rd'er in the cards.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think a TE would make a bigger difference and there's a couple in this draft I really like. I'm still hopeful on Wheaton. And I still think you can dominate with small quick receivers on the outside without giving up the huge premium to get them.

Id always take BPA in the draft, but if it's a draw, I'd lean toward D on the early picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

yup, te/wr or wr/te
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think a TE would make a bigger difference and there's a couple in this draft I really like. I'm still hopeful on Wheaton. And I still think you can dominate with small quick receivers on the outside without giving up the huge premium to get them.

Id always take BPA in the draft, but if it's a draw, I'd lean toward D on the early picks.
    Completely agree about TE. Need to get the Heath replacement very early in this draft. Spaeth is an adequete back up but the other TEs currently on the roster are pretty useless.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Watching these playoffs, it is very clear the Steelers need a beast at WR. Boldin has dominated everyone he plays against. He was Kap's safety valve most of the afternoon as he was Flacco's in their playoff. If the Steelers can't find a WR of his stature in this draft, they need to grab a TE-hybrid. Think of the damage Roethlisberger could do with a WR that can actually outmuscle the DB. Supposely this draft is ripe with WR talent, so I can see a 1st or 2nd rd'er in the cards.
    I agree. A guy who can catch the ball, even when he's covered, would help the offense a great deal, and would be a nice compliment to Brown. It doesn't even need to be a tall WR, although that would be ideal.

Backup

User Info Menu

Aside from a healthy O-line,.....All that the offense needs is for Ben to play like and run plays as they are drawn up as a professional and focused family man,...a physical hard charger receiver with size and toughness that is consistent in the redzone,...and Bell to continue his development with a complimentary power back on the roster.IMO

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No doubt this is a 2 TE league. Unfortunately our #2 TE is always a blocker
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think after reading some of these threads lately... that we need one of everything lol.. except for maybe a franchise QB and interior OL.

Seriously...this is going to be a make or break draft for us, because there are so many needs. We also need guys like Sean Spence to be a pleasant surprise for us going into 2014.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I think after reading some of these threads lately... that we need one of everything lol.. except for maybe a franchise QB and interior OL.

Seriously...this is going to be a make or break draft for us, because there are so many needs. We also need guys like Sean Spence to be a pleasant surprise for us going into 2014.
    unfortunatley this has been said the last couple years.
    im not sure who is to blame but this team is losing all the impact players(during cowhers reign) and is being replaced with decent, good or bad ones(during tomlins reign)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

unfortunately is right...and it hasn't worked out so well because a large percentage of those guys have been slow to develop. The good news is... some of them are developing nicely (ie Heyward, Beachum, AB).. so the jury is still out (to an extent).