Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we'd gotten in ... but didn't go all the way ... would it be the O or D?

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    That is the sentiment I got from Rooney IIs interview recently. A strong finish has masked some troubling trends.
    Possibly. ARII did note the D. But, there is almost zero possibility that he will make LeBeau step down. Adding an extra year to this aging D, with an elderly DC isn't going to help us. Sometimes next year is enough of a hope. In this case, I don't believe it is. This D needs a major overhaul and it starts by getting the younger talent PT. Golden and the Shark needed more PT this season. Getting Woods and Arnfelt more a part of this D would have also been smart. I'm not sure this D could have played much worse. Now, the Steelers are a season behind in their development.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm not sure this D could have played much worse. Now, the Steelers are a season behind in their development.
    Really?? It could have been a whole lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Really?? It could have been a whole lot worse.
    Really? How is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Really? How is that?
    Other teams could have been putting 30 up on it regularly. It wasn't the best D in the NFL, but it wasn't the worst either.

Other teams could have been putting 30 up on it regularly. It wasn't the best D in the NFL, but it wasn't the worst either.
    Depends on how you look at it. D's capable of scoring did much damage...55 by the Pats? Even a struggling Miami team put up 34. The stats didn't look horrific because held down a few mediocre D's. And while I was using a bit of hyperbole, this is the worst D the Steeler have fielded in how many years?

Our secondary is not championship quality. Our entire secondary would have been abused by most QBs playing this past weekend.

Legend
    I have no idea who would have came up short... I know people will say the D or the DB's but we have no idea if Ben would throw a few picks, of Bell or Dwyer would fumble... if Troy would do something amazing or get burned.

Most of the people on here said we wouldn't win more than 5 games.

I sure hope not considering the amount of $ that some of these defenders are making. I think the Dolphins game summaraized the Steelers defense quite well this year.... allowing 34 points at home in cold & snowy conditions against the MIAMI Dolphins. There is simply no excuse for that to happen.... Add in the fact that it was a must win game makes it even worse.