Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is LeBeau system really that complicated or

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    tomlin needs to stay out of the war room on draft day
    I think we've drafted ok. But we just haven't found that one superstar a la Troy or James yet during Tomlin's tenure. And that's the difference between being great and mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think we've drafted ok. But we just haven't found that one superstar a la Troy or James yet during Tomlin's tenure. And that's the difference between being great and mediocre.
    2008 and 2009 were disasters and the Steelers are paying the price for those two drafts. Those players would be 4 and 5 year vets right now and the cornerstone of the team, not so much, Ziggy is all that's left and maybe one other 7th rounder. Then to boot, Ziggy may be gone this year, so we'll have one remaining draftee from two years worth of drafts. You can't stay on top when you build your team via the draft and then miss completely on two years.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    2008 and 2009 were disasters and the Steelers are paying the price for those two drafts. Those players would be 4 and 5 year vets right now and the cornerstone of the team, not so much, Ziggy is all that's left and maybe one other 7th rounder. Then to boot, Ziggy may be gone this year, so we'll have one remaining draftee from two years worth of drafts. You can't stay on top when you build your team via the draft and then miss completely on two years.

Pappy
    What he said.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    1. because there was an injury to a starter. do you really belive DL replaces his signal caller if a rookie looks better then a Vet?
    2. he was the 15th pick in the draft. a guy "we couldnt believe was there" when our pick in the draft came up
    why all the excitement for such a below average performance

Why didn't Dick LeBeau let Bruce Davis play more when he was drafted? Why didn't Dick LeBeau let Joe Burnett play more when he was drafted? What wasted talent... oh wait. They aren't even in the NFL now.

Why isn't Stevenson Sylvester being given the chance to start? or Doug Worthington? or T Gibson? How about C Butler? why can't he see the field? Those are the draft picks DL had to work with.

That's your answer. That's the bottom line. These guys sucked compared to what was already on the field.

Oh wow...this thread/topic is hilarious. Anyone have a clue why I am laughing and shaking my head so much right now?

Steeler fans are a trip.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Oh wow...this thread/topic is hilarious. Anyone have a clue why I am laughing and shaking my head so much right now?

Steeler fans are a trip.
    I was thinking the same thing. It always brings me back to my Steeler fan friends who criticize the team and complain even after they've won Super Bowls. I really like a lot of the football/Steelers conversation that goes on here, but sometimes...