Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (OT?) -- Perhaps it wasn't Payton?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    #17 was tossed on a 3rd down that wasnt called but that was it IMO.
    I don't possess the ability to see those kinds of plays - there's some weird kind of filtering that happens when I put on my game-day glasses.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Agree that the PI call they got in the 2nd half was marginal.

Don't recall any others.
    late hit on luck
    PI no call on indy wr(brazill)
    no hold call where dierdorf actually said NE guy got away with a grab
    luck was also hit low(knees) on a sack. (slam dunk call if it was brady)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    late hit on luck
    PI no call on indy wr(brazill)
    no hold call where dierdorf actually said NE guy got away with a grab
    luck was also hit low(knees) on a sack. (slam dunk call if it was brady)
    Mathis went for a below the knee tackle on Brady on a near sack, and that wasn't called (or noticed by Dierdorf).

Legend

User Info Menu

Indy came into this playoff as a division winner in perhaps the weakest division in football. If we ranked the playoff teams prior to the WC round, there is no way that you could legitimately ranked them as a top two AFC team. They were within a TD in the fourth Q. I don't think that this team underachieved.

Now, when you have a team ranked in the top two, who consistently go out in their first playoff game at home, that is falling short! I know because I saw and heard Bill Cowher's teams do that throughout the nineties.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mathis went for a below the knee tackle on Brady on a near sack, and that wasn't called (or noticed by Dierdorf).

There may have been more blown calls favoring NE than Indy, but in the big picture they were irrelevant. NE was just far superior to Indy on that day. No two days are the same in the NFL though.

Starter

User Info Menu

As much as I hate the Pats, the coach, the QB....I have to give the coach a vote for Coach of the year.

No name WR's besides Amendola who is always injured...injuries to Wilfork, Kelly, the LB's

The fact that they are in AFC championship is amazing. Could he have done it without a Tom Brady and instead a Geno Smith...probably not but the defense is somehow still competitive with a lot of 2nd stringers.
    Last edited by jj28west; 01-13-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colts philosophy in the Manning/Luck era has been to emphasize the offense, and not to invest much in the defense (witness the trading of a first round draft choice for a marginal RB in Richardson).

They can be gashed on the ground by any team willing to commit to the run. And they don't play well outside their dome.
    They've always built teams that focus on getting ahead with offense and playing from ahead on defense. I can never remember the Colts being strong on the interior of either line, and that was the case again this season.