Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooneys say they will appeal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The one thing that concerns me about Rooney's comments is that he thinks the age of the defense (keisel, clark, polamalu in particular) is of no concern. Whether that's media talk or not, I think it needs to be addressed this offseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's funny how different people read things differently. Actually, I watched his interview on steelers.com and he said no such thing about the defense. He, and rightfully so because its only early January, said they are a long way from determining FA and what will transpire on defense. He did say there will be a different roster in 2014. Sounds to me the draft will be defense heavy. They also said in that interview that the Steelers- Rooney in particular- are not all that concerned about the salary cap and its not as bad as what everyone thinks.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    It's funny how different people read things differently. Actually, I watched his interview on steelers.com and he said no such thing about the defense. He, and rightfully so because its only early January, said they are a long way from determining FA and what will transpire on defense. He did say there will be a different roster in 2014. Sounds to me the draft will be defense heavy. They also said in that interview that the Steelers- Rooney in particular- are not all that concerned about the salary cap and its not as bad as what everyone thinks.....
    I was going off the line in D.O.S's post, I'll have to check out the interview on steelers.com.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cool. Yea, its worth watching....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just finished watching and yes, he doesn't mention it in the video. Sounds like Labriola talked to him earlier in the day. Maybe that's what the article was referring to???

He doesn't seemed concerned about the cap either. Did I see Omar Kahn is getting an interview somewhere?

Backup

User Info Menu

I have to believe that any chance that the league would make a further issue of the Tomlin sideline incident went by the wayside after a particular blown call in San Diego on December 29. The Rooneys were good soldiers about the whole thing, despite the fact that they lost a good deal of money missing out on the playoffs. Chose to serve the best interests of the league instead. I expect that it is now CLEARLY understood back in New York what the quid pro quo will be... and that it will be handled as such. Can you imagine the commotion if Jerry Jones missed the playoffs on something like that?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I have to believe that any chance that the league would make a further issue of the Tomlin sideline incident went by the wayside after a particular blown call in San Diego on December 29. The Rooneys were good soldiers about the whole thing, despite the fact that they lost a good deal of money missing out on the playoffs. Chose to serve the best interests of the league instead. I expect that it is now CLEARLY understood back in New York what the quid pro quo will be... and that it will be handled as such. Can you imagine the commotion if Jerry Jones missed the playoffs on something like that?
    I'd hope the league office views the big picture, and drops the matter after issuing the huge fine. It would be ironic and telling if they penalize the organization for a potentially game-changing gaff that did not change the game, and fail to account and amend for the reffing gaffs that actually changed a game outcome. Unfortunately, I don't think that is how Goodell's mind will work on this matter. Just like James Harrison and the Steelers became the poster boys for hard hits, Tomlin and the Steelers are and will further be for the sideline dance with the kick returner.