Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So about Ben holding onto the ball too long... were we right?

Legend

User Info Menu

So about Ben holding onto the ball too long... were we right?

Thinking about this the other day and realized everyone's praising Ben for making the transition... is it because the D is azz right now?

I know we also reaped the benefits of BIG BEN but we had a great D back then as well... it's good to see Ben and our OC recognize the D isn't up to par so we can't take too many chances. Just wish it happened before week 5.

I guess there is no right or wrong answer but it sure is nice to see Ben upright and healthy going into next season.

Knocking on wood for a healthy and drama free off-season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like it. I thought our offense/Haley did take into consideration the identity of the defense and yes, a healthy Ben was great and drama free to see this season. With that we weren't forced to watch our first year backup quarterbacks. To echo what you guys probably already realize about the fickle fans, my friend all season long wanted our second string backup Gardowski to be the starter. He felt his time has come and he fit the offense better than Ben. It's a sad day when I'm the voice of reason among my friends. I feel better about next season if we get the pieces in place with a position here and there than I have for a few seasons. I hope some talented free agents realize this also and want to come to the Steelers for more of winning a championship than a big paycheck.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yinzers hate QBs... funny because I went home in Nov. and it was all Bens fault... went back for Christmas and those same critics were silent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yinzers hate QBs... funny because I went home in Nov. and it was all Bens fault... went back for Christmas and those same critics were silent.
    I don't hate QBs but I do feel that a lot of our struggles early on was due to Ben being stubborn and refusing to go along with what Haley was proposing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think when Ben started to go with the flow our offensive line would look so much better. I really thought this team was a few years away from being competitive again. Now I have hope.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I know is we're gonna miss Ben when he's gone.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's the no huddle. Ben calling the plays at the LOS means he knows what he wants to do before the snap and he's deciding where he wants to attack the D ahead of time. So he gets the ball out quicker. I think it makes a huge difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Proof is in the pudding fellas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't hate QBs but I do feel that a lot of our struggles early on was due to Ben being stubborn and refusing to go along with what Haley was proposing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think when Ben started to go with the flow our offensive line would look so much better. I really thought this team was a few years away from being competitive again. Now I have hope.
    Yes to this
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    All I know is we're gonna miss Ben when he's gone.
    +2.

Just repeat after me: Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, etc, etc, etc.

25 years between Super Bowl wins and if you don't think that QB play was a major part of that then you weren't watching. It is evven more so in the "new NFL" with the desire for more and more offense...and that ain't going back to the "old days" ever.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Since 2010, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked at a higher rate than Ben Roethlisberger. And this season he had his collarbone broken when he was sacked trying to extend a play. (Sound familiar?) It's also worth noting that Tom Brady was sacked 40 times this season, only two fewer than Roethlisberger.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.