Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So about Ben holding onto the ball too long... were we right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    When was Brown missing?

wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

wallace
    I wouldnt call him a #1 but I agree... I think Ben was looking for the deep ball early on and tried to make Sanders into a Wallace clone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it's the no huddle. Ben calling the plays at the LOS means he knows what he wants to do before the snap and he's deciding where he wants to attack the D ahead of time. So he gets the ball out quicker. I think it makes a huge difference.
    Agreed 100%. It's also the primary reason for improvement along the offensive line, in my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Agreed 100%. It's also the primary reason for improvement along the offensive line, in my opinion.
    What's frustrating is how long Ben and every fan in Stiller Nation has wanted to feature the no-huddle attack. Every time we've seen it in limited action, it's moved the ball incredibly efficiently. But only when faced with a 2-6 start did our coaches find the need to actually feature it more than every now and then. The fact that it works and Ben is really good at it has been known for a very long time. So, it's disappointing that in a league where many teams are playing to their own strengths, we were still trying to find a way to play like we did in 2005. Next season will tell a lot about what our coaching staff has or has not learned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wouldnt call him a #1 but I agree... I think Ben was looking for the deep ball early on and tried to make Sanders into a Wallace clone.
    I agree. I always said that Ben's penchant to look deep first was a major problem in his game. Once it became clear that Sanders was not a "Wallace clone" I think Ben embraced what Haley wanted. That's is why I strongly believe it may be more beneficial to take the top TE in the draft at #15 versus potentially the third best WR.

I think adding a Jace Amaro or Austin Seferian-Jenkins would really make this offense more potent especially in the red zone.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. I always said that Ben's penchant to look deep first was a major problem in his game. Once it became clear that Sanders was not a "Wallace clone" I think Ben embraced what Haley wanted. That's is why I strongly believe it may be more beneficial to take the top TE in the draft at #15 versus potentially the third best WR.

I think adding a Jace Amaro or Austin Seferian-Jenkins would really make this offense more potent especially in the red zone.
    I'm not a fan of taking any WR or TE in the 1st given how far our D has fallen. Miller has 2 or 3 years left and given how our O operates Spaeth is a good blocker and a decent #2 TE.