Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So about Ben holding onto the ball too long... were we right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Since 2010, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked at a higher rate than Ben Roethlisberger. And this season he had his collarbone broken when he was sacked trying to extend a play. (Sound familiar?) It's also worth noting that Tom Brady was sacked 40 times this season, only two fewer than Roethlisberger.
    Rodgers has been criticized for holding the ball as well and GB probably is a higher seed if he doesn't get hurt.

Brady lost Wes Welker, 2 TE's and also has youth at the WR position. I hope he gets sacked 10 more times this weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    All I know is we're gonna miss Ben when he's gone.
    No doubt... and it looks like he may extend his career another 5 years if he keeps playing ball like this....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't hate QBs but I do feel that a lot of our struggles early on was due to Ben being stubborn and refusing to go along with what Haley was proposing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think when Ben started to go with the flow our offensive line would look so much better. I really thought this team was a few years away from being competitive again. Now I have hope.
    I have always been one to criticize Ben for holding onto the ball... it works at times but it also fails a ton. I think fans of his style think wanting him to change a little bit of his game meant changing ALL of his game. I love what I am seeing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I always cringed when I seen Ben about to get sacked, getting sacked from holding the ball too long. When he was younger he was able to make things happen at times but these past couple of seasons, not so much. I think where the team is headed now is whet Art Rooney II was talking about. Allowing the offense to be just a bit more diverse so that Ben did not have to carry the team on his shoulders and for Ben not to have the crosshairs upon him at all times. As I said before, real nice not seeing the drama of a banged up Ben limping/crawling into the final games of the season only after he missed three or four games due to injuries. Now, if we can plug in the needed pieces to our defense, we should be a force to contend with next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

However, Rooney said that just because they extend QB's contract in the past with 2 years left does not mean they will do so this year.

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it's the no huddle. Ben calling the plays at the LOS means he knows what he wants to do before the snap and he's deciding where he wants to attack the D ahead of time. So he gets the ball out quicker. I think it makes a huge difference.
    You nailed it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's the no huddle. Ben calling the plays at the LOS means he knows what he wants to do before the snap and he's deciding where he wants to attack the D ahead of time. So he gets the ball out quicker. I think it makes a huge difference.
    i think a lot of things helped in this regard

no huddle
    ben checking down more
    gameplanning shorter routes
    Ol more capable to block for screens
    OL not letting free rushers in (like we saw with minny a few times)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Brady lost Wes Welker, 2 TE's and also has youth at the WR position. I hope he gets sacked 10 more times this weekend.
    ben didnt have his #1 receiver,his TE, and and an NFL caliber starting LT in the line up to start the season either

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ben didnt have his #1 receiver,his TE, and and an NFL caliber starting LT in the line up to start the season either
    When was Brown missing?

Legend

User Info Menu

this...

all long some fans were speculating Ben struggled with pre-snap reads. even the no-huddle has gone to very quick passing, not the BA 20-30 yd routes taking 5 sec to run.