Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelvin Beachum: "I want to be great"

Starter
    Sounds like the kid's got a great attitude, with some ability to boot. The emergence of Beacham at LT allows us to take a shot at BPA (and feel good about it) if/when the franchise LTs are off the board at pick 15.

Hall of Famer
    Beachum gets my vote for 'most improved'. Went from a rotating backup OL to a starting LT in the NFL..... and did a great job doing it. Should be his position to lose if there is any justice. Sad thing is we don't hear these same words from the guy the Steelers drafted to start at tackle. I am afraid Adams will go down as one of those wasted picks the Steelers so badly needed to perform.

Mike Adams who ?

Legend
    I still think Beachum is better suited to play G if we can find a capable tackle due to his size. But I'd be happy rolling with him as our LT. Our left side looks kinda funny when they're lined up for the snap. It really looks like Foster and Beachum are lined up at the wrong spots. They both have the prototypical body type to switch positions but they're making it work.

Beachum and Foster have become my 2 favorites on the OLine. I wish all the guys up front played like those 2.

I still think we could shuffle guys around up front to get better with left to right - Beachum, DD, Pouncey, Foster, and Adams. I think Beachum is a hustler that could keep Ben clean. And we'd be better set up to run right which is more natural for our RBs. Foster and Adams can be 2 of the best maulers in run blocking and I think they'd be dominant on the right with DD and Pouncey pulling to open up some big holes for Bell.

Jack Splat: Steelers are set with Beachum at LT at least I don't think tey need to use a high draft pick on a LT in the draft. Will Gilbert and Adams compete fo startng RT in 2014?

Gerry Dulac: No, Marcus Gilbert is their right tackle and should be. He was the only offensive lineman to start all 16 games this year and was more than solid. And, if I'm the Steelers, I wouldn't even think about drafting an offensive lineman until the fifth round. They have too many other areas that need to be addressed, especially on defense.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2pq9c84zC

Mike Adams looks to be back up for RT/LT. Plus still be use as another TE if needed. Good depth there. Should have one or 2 players that can back up G/C also with good depth. Plus some practice squad guys. Unless a very good O-line men drops or happens to still be sitting around when the pick is up I see no reason to pick O-line.