Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Steelers sign CB Devin Smith, LB Dan Molls to reserve/future contracts

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,545

    Steelers sign CB Devin Smith, LB Dan Molls to reserve/future contracts

    According to the official NFL transactions list, the Pittsburgh Steelers signed two more free agent players to reserve/futures contracts on Monday, cornerback Devin Smith and linebacker Dan Molls
    2017 Mock

    1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass

    2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

    3. Josh Jones, S, N.C. State

    3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

    4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic

    5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

    6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)

    7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania

  2. #2
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,505
    Molls is very interesting. I like what I am reading. Put some weight on him, have him hit the weights and you never know.

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    Steelers sign Miguel Maysonet to reserve/future deal

    Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 7, 2014



    The Steelers are giving Miguel Maysonet a look.

    The 24-year-old tailback was among four players the club signed to reserve/future contracts on Tuesday.

    Maysonet had stints with the Eagles, Browns, Chargers, Colts, Jets and Redskins in 2013. The former Stony Brook star signed with Philadelphia as an undrafted free agent last April.

    The Steelers also signed linebacker Dan Molis (Toledo), wide receiver Lanear Sampson (Baylor) and cornerback Devin Smith (Wisconsin) to deals.

    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/07/steelers-sign-miguel-maysonet-to-reservefuture-deal/[/URL]

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,431
    If I'm not mistaken linebacker Dan Molls lead all colleges in tackles for 2012. I don't think I ever saw him play but remember the name from a stat sheet. We could certainly use a guy in the middle with a nose for the ball.

  5. #5
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,505
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken linebacker Dan Molls lead all colleges in tackles for 2012. I don't think I ever saw him play but remember the name from a stat sheet. We could certainly use a guy in the middle with a nose for the ball.
    Yes, he was VERY productive in college. He is dinged for his competition, and his lack of ability to engage physically with OLmen. But, sounds like an NFL weight program could be just what the doctor ordered.

  6. #6
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    Steelers Sign DE Al Lapuaho to a Reserve/Future Contract

    BY DOMINIC DI TOLLA - JAN 9TH, 2014



    The Pittsburgh Steelers signed another player to a Reserve/Future contract earlier today.

    After he transferred from Snow Junior College in Utah, Al Lapuaho played the final two years of his collegiate career close to home with the Utah State Aggies. Overall, the defensive lineman racked up 66 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks during his 26-games with the school.

    Undrafted last spring, Al Lapuaho inked a free agent deal with the St. Louis Rams shortly after the draft process finished. Although the 22 year old was cut by the Rams after the preseason and training camp periods came to a close, he caught on with the Miami Dolphins and stayed on their practice squad for most of his rookie campaign last fall.

    The addition of Lapuaho (63″ 284 lbs.) gives the Steelers another defensive lineman to add to what could be an extremely thin mix after the free agency period begins.

    [URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2014/01/09/steelers-sign-de-al-lapuaho-reservefuture-contract/[/URL]

  7. #7
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    27,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, he was VERY productive in college. He is dinged for his competition, and his lack of ability to engage physically with OLmen. But, sounds like an NFL weight program could be just what the doctor ordered.
    Kinda odd that he would be dinged for his competition, when he played in the same conference that landed us Ben Roethlisberger, James Harrison, Jack Lambert, etc.


    Ruthless 2017 Mock Draft:
    1.30 ILB Zach Cunningham 6'3" 234 Vanderbilt
    2.62 OLB Jordan Willis 6'4" 255 Kansas State
    3.94 CB Sidney Jones 6'0" 186 Washington
    3.105c DE Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'7" 289 Villanova
    4.135 CB Rasul Douglas 6'2" 209 West Virginia
    5.173 RB James Conner 6'1" 233 Pittsburgh
    6.213 SS Lorenzo Jerome 5'10" 204 St. Francis
    7.248 TE Michael Roberts 6'4" 270 Toledo

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,434
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers Sign DE Al Lapuaho to a Reserve/Future Contract

    BY DOMINIC DI TOLLA - JAN 9TH, 2014



    The Pittsburgh Steelers signed another player to a Reserve/Future contract earlier today.

    After he transferred from Snow Junior College in Utah, Al Lapuaho played the final two years of his collegiate career close to home with the Utah State Aggies. Overall, the defensive lineman racked up 66 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks during his 26-games with the school.

    Undrafted last spring, Al Lapuaho inked a free agent deal with the St. Louis Rams shortly after the draft process finished. Although the 22 year old was cut by the Rams after the preseason and training camp periods came to a close, he caught on with the Miami Dolphins and stayed on their practice squad for most of his rookie campaign last fall.

    The addition of Lapuaho (63″ 284 lbs.) gives the Steelers another defensive lineman to add to what could be an extremely thin mix after the free agency period begins.

    [URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2014/01/09/steelers-sign-de-al-lapuaho-reservefuture-contract/[/URL]
    Umm..another defensive lineman.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,079
    I don't know any of these players besides Brad Wing. I really hope Wing turns out and stays our punter. But then again...I said the same thing about Mesko and look how that turned out...****.
    R1- T.J. Watt, OLB; Wisconsin
    R2- JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR; USC
    R3- Cameron Sutton, CB; Tennessee
    R3- James Conner, RB; Pittsburgh
    R4- Josh Dobbs, QB; Tennessee
    R5- Brian Allen, CB; Utah
    R6- Colin Holba, LS; Louisville
    R7- Keion Adams, OLB; Western Michigan

  10. #10
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    In other news, the Steelers announced they had signed two more players to their off-season roster, wide receiver jasper Collins and safety Jordan Dangerfield.

    [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/01/10/Steelers-exec-to-interview-for-Miami-GM-job/stories/2014011001540000000#ixzz2q1xgiCPS[/URL]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •