Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

I wish the author got his facts straight. Carnell Lake was a safety and moved to CB to help the team ... not the other way around. So the Steelers were never involved in moving a CB to safety. Woodson made the change but not for us.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

They have to shed significant salary this offseason because of the cap, and Taylor is no longer a No. 1 cornerback.
    He did not have his best year, but he was still the number one CB on this team at the end of the year.

Two of the Steelers’ greatest cornerbacks moved to safety later in their career. One of them, Carnell Lake, happens to coach the Steelers' defensive backs and would be invaluable in helping Taylor make that transition.
    Carnell Lake was always a safety in the NFL (LB in college). He moved from safety to CB the one year that Woodson got hurt, then moved back when Woodson returned.

ESPN should buck up on that research.

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I wish the author got his facts straight. Carnell Lake was a safety and moved to CB to help the team ... not the other way around. So the Steelers were never involved in moving a CB to safety. Woodson made the change but not for us.
    That is true. Lake was one heck of a safety that made one good CB

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A safety that can't catch is a bad idea.
    Exactly. But i could see as much for a short while the stud FS that we draft this year gets his feet wet with significant playing time and learns the system.

And then keep him (Ike) as a backup at a rate that would be mutually beneficial to both himself and the organization until he retires with honor as a Steeler.

John B.: Do you think Ike will be cut or receive less money this year? and do you think he'll still be regarded as our number 1 or 2 CB if he's back?

Ed Bouchette: I believe the Steelers will ask Ike to take a paycut. Yes, I think he will start if he comes back.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2qRdCDm5V

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I suppose it could happen. Last guy they tried that with was C Scott.... aka "charred"... as in burned..... crispy, started in 9 games his rookie season.
    Charred Scott and Burnt Alexander were both very good early on. Scott's rookie season was above average.