Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: WKRP in Chok-innati....

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewis is now 0-5 in the playoffs. If that were the Steelers; would you want a new coach? 0-5 is Marty Schottenheimer like!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't mind the Panthers and Cam seems like a good dude. I'm just not wanting to hear the talking heads of the media go on and on about Cam if he does well or wins it all. They pick their darlings and you never hear the end of it. Remember how we had to hear about the Dallas trio, Ray Lewis, Peyton this Peyton that, etc. When the Steelers won their last two Super Bowls, you hardly could tell or knew that they won. I'm not ready for the love fest with certain teams or players. Can you imagine the asssucking they will do if Bellicheat and Brady win it again ? On his third Super Bowl Cheating win, they talked about renaming the Lombardi trophy after Bellicheat. No, no, no I can not stand a cheater and a non professional sore loser like Bellicheat. He runs off the field before the game is over in his first Super Bowl loss, what kind of fine would Tomlin have gotten ? Goodell and the NFL controls too much of the teams, the outcome and all of the NFL media.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing SD go all the way- not that I think that would actually happen. For me, I would like to see either SD or Indy. I don't have as much of a problem with the Pat's* anymore since I don't have to deal with Boston sports fans any longer. No love for Manning or Denver to me, but no hate either.

I think it would be funny to have SD playing NO in the SB in NYC!
    Now that would be hilarious.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I don't mind the Panthers and Cam seems like a good dude. I'm just not wanting to hear the talking heads of the media go on and on about Cam if he does well or wins it all. They pick their darlings and you never hear the end of it. Remember how we had to hear about the Dallas trio, Ray Lewis, Peyton this Peyton that, etc. When the Steelers won their last two Super Bowls, you hardly could tell or knew that they won. I'm not ready for the love fest with certain teams or players. Can you imagine the asssucking they will do if Bellicheat and Brady win it again ? On his third Super Bowl Cheating win, they talked about renaming the Lombardi trophy after Bellicheat. No, no, no I can not stand a cheater and a non professional sore loser like Bellicheat. He runs off the field before the game is over in his first Super Bowl loss, what kind of fine would Tomlin have gotten ? Goodell and the NFL controls too much of the teams, the outcome and all of the NFL media.
    I would love for Cam to win it because it would put my prediction ahead of schedule. LOL...

it would also upset a lot of "Panther fans" in Charlotte (where I live).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why would they be upset ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

why would they be upset ?
    Because he is black is my guess..... but seriously though, I would be coo, with NO, SD, IND, or CAR winning the big game. Actually I think I am pulling for the Colts the most. Andrew Luck is awesome in my opinion, seems like a real person and could be a great QB for a long time.... Please god don't let NE, DEN, SF, or SEA win...... I have nothing against SEA except that everyone expects them to win it seems, so I enjoy seeing those teams loose when most expect different.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of it is probably race but most of it is SEC/Auburn hate...

He probably gets the same amount of hate as Ben gets in Pittsburgh...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know about the race stuff but, there is still probably some aholes that let that stuff get in their way of enjoying the game or life. I want to see the best available athlete on the field for my team despite his race. I'm more upset, disappointed or however to say this correctly with a person over their lack of morals, manners lifestyle that was less than it should be.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know about the race stuff but, there is still probably some aholes that let that stuff get in their way of enjoying the game or life. I want to see the best available athlete on the field for my team despite his race. I'm more upset, disappointed or however to say this correctly with a person over their lack of morals, manners lifestyle that was less than it should be.
    Race was an issue in judging/liking/disliking QBs back in Korkie's time, but by now we've had a sufficient number of excellent black QBs that I don't think people notice all that much anymore. Now coach -- that's another issue. The so-called Rooney rule has the looneys out claiming every black coach out there is an affirmative-action candidate.

I don't want Luck or Wilson winning -- I'd rather they had to wait a couple more years for their first SB. Not Brees either, or the sucking-up sounds by the media will drown out all other noises. My choices would be SD/Rivers and Carolina/Cam.

Backup

User Info Menu

The Bengals are as talented overall as any team in the League,...but like their Head Coach they are insecure with no killer instinct or sense of urgency.

If the Colts pull a "Mr Hyde" and upset the Pats,...the Chargers go to Superbowl imo. They will beat the Broncos and then the Colts.

As Steeler fans we can't possibly be fond of Brady. But i gotta admit,...the only reason that anyone can possibly hate that guy (Brady) is because,...he actually is "that guy" at QB that actually makes everyone around him better players along with a skill set of accuracy, experience and intelligence. Yes,...heresy,...i know. lol

Bottom line,...with that Patsies out,....there is really nothing to stop the Chargers but themselves. Much like us going to our last 3 Superbowls without having to overcome them. ( Brady and Patsies) smh

This just might be Phil and the Charger's year. Though i would not be upset to see Coach Carroll, Wilson and the Seahawks hoist the Lombardi.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 01-07-2014 at 11:53 PM.