Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT: WKRP in Chok-innati....

Had we gotten into the playoffs with Kansas making that field goal, how far have we had gone ? I think at times we would have beaten the bengals and I bet there were Bengal fans happy they didn't have to play the steelers in the playoffs. Maybe they don't feel that way now since they lost to the bolts but, probably prior. I really would have liked to seen Kansas go all the way. They are talking that alex smith does not have the pedigree to win championships or that he is a quarterback of the upper crust like brady, rivers, brees and luck. I've got news for these talking heads, you put up 44 points on the board and lose, it's not your quarterback or offense that has let the team down. I know their defense put up 6 points but still. Getting back to the bengals coach not so marvelous marvin, he is suffering from the marty ball and cowher cud of not being able to win the big ones. Yep, cowher eventually won a super bowl but I tell you this, his playoff losses really ate away at my heart and I was happy that he moved on and that we got tomlin. Tomlin was the correct guy to be the shot in the arm this team needed at the precise time. I believe he allowed Lebeau to do more things, he didn't have favorites at that time or probably not now neither. I am upset that he didn't put some more influence upon arians but that's water under the bridge. I just wish Tomlin could have his guys more prepared at the start of the season instead of playing catch up as we have in the past.

Legend
    That KC D also picked off Luck 2 or 3 times and gave Smith short fields to work with... his strip sack and intentional grounding were killers in that meltdown.

The KC offense and defense also had guys dropping like flies in the second half. Smith is a decent game manager but he reminds me of Schaub. Good but not good enough to make a play when the team really needs it. While KC had a great turnaround they also had a very weak schedule and once they played good teams they were exposed. I think they went 2-6 down the stretch.

The Bungles aren't going to do anything with Dalton at QB.. he is too erratic and never shows up when you need him. I hope he stays in Cincy for a few more years.

Agreed about Dalton. He's as good as he's gonna get,and that's not saying much. He's another Romo....Average, especially when January rolls around... Yea, if we would've made it in, we would've probably won as well....Then we'd be on our way to Denver minus Ryan Clark....

As for the above discussion on QB's race, etc. I'd rather have a pure passing QB as my franchise QB. Examples- Brees, Manning, Ben, even Marsha) That leaves out quite a few, who just happen to be black. (Cam, RG3, Wilson...etc) I laughed for 3 days straight when the Stupidskins made that draft move last year....And now they losing out on a #2 overall pick!

Only black QB that I ever liked was Warren Moon. He just never won a championship here in the NFL. For that matter- only one black QB has ever won a SB out of 47 SB's. And he didn't even play the entire season for that team! Can you name him without googling it or looking it up? Hint- NFC team. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-08-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Agreed about Dalton. He's as good as he's gonna get,and that's not saying much. He's another Romo....Average, especially when January rolls around... Yea, if we would've made it in, we would've probably won as well....Then we'd be on our way to Denver minus Ryan Clark....

As for the above discussion on QB's race, etc. I'd rather have a pure passing QB as my franchise QB. Examples- Brees, Manning, Ben, even Marsha) That leaves out quite a few, who just happen to be black. (Cam, RG3, Wilson...etc) I laughed for 3 days straight when the Stupidskins made that draft move last year....And now they losing out on a #2 overall pick!

Only black QB that I ever liked was Warren Moon. He just never won a championship here in the NFL. For that matter- only one black QB has ever won a SB out of 47 SB's. And he didn't even play the entire season for that team! Can you name him without googling it or looking it up? Hint- NFC team. Just my 2 cents.
    C'mon man... Doug Williams. Every black NFL fan over 30 knows about the messiah named Doug Williams.

I wasn't a fan of Cam in college but I'm a big fan. I live in Charlotte and had the luxury of watching JImmy Clausen his first year. Thank goodness for Cam. He's exciting, electric and hopefully he will win his first playoff game this week.

Legend
    A few things about Cam. This year he has a QB rating over 100 at home. He has a big arm but struggles underneath on touch passes and sometimes his mechanics are sloppy and the ball sails. However, when he is on he has made some amazing throws. His 20 yard out is on a dope, his deep ball is decent and IMO he hasnt used his legs enough when the pocket collapses.

I think he is more Randall Cunningham than Vick...

I also like Wilson... his leadership and positive attitude really impress me. I still cant believe NCState let him go his senior year. The kid is a winner.

Did you guys see the interview with Dalton after their loss ? The reporters tried their best to get Andy to respond to the reasons for the loss and he would not take one bit of responsibility. This dude has a future career in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    C'mon man... Doug Williams. Every black NFL fan over 30 knows about the messiah named Doug Williams.

I wasn't a fan of Cam in college but I'm a big fan. I live in Charlotte and had the luxury of watching JImmy Clausen his first year. Thank goodness for Cam. He's exciting, electric and hopefully he will win his first playoff game this week.

LOL, OK, I guess that was an easy one.... Wasn't sure if I'd get a bunch of kiddos reading this first or not.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

Warren Moon and Dan Marino are the best pure passers to ever play this game to date.

Yeah,..i know,..Montana's got the rings. Unitas was ahead of his time, Peyton is an absolute Machine (probably to his detriment as "What happens if the system fails ?") and Brady probably sold his soul. lol

Truth trumps any tribal Bull ish. The term "race" does not even scientifically exist in terms of attempting to classify anyone of the same race, ie:...human,..homo sapien.

May the most prepared and the most capable Men of truth be not only victorious this weekend,......but may they do so with Honor, temperance and humilty.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 01-09-2014 at 12:57 AM.

I forgot about how good moon was in his day. dan fouts is another that I thought could hang with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Warren Moon and Dan Marino are the best pure passers to ever play this game to date.

Yeah,..i know,..Montana's got the rings. Unitas was ahead of his time, Peyton is an absolute Machine (probably to his detriment as "What happens if the system fails ?") and Brady probably sold his soul. lol

Truth trumps any tribal Bull ish. The term "race" does not even scientifically exist in terms of attempting to classify anyone of the same race, ie:...human,..homo sapien.

May the most prepared and the most capable Men of truth be not only victorious this weekend,......but may they do so with Honor, temperance and humilty.
    What the heck! Does everyone forget the name Bubby Brister?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285