Thread: its not a passing/shootout league once the playoffs start...

Legend

User Info Menu

its not a passing/shootout league once the playoffs start...

I know people expected games in the 40's due to the KC game but its still a ball control league IMO.

Still have to run and stop the run. Rivers won today going 12 of 16. They did it with a balanced attack.

GB is a low scoring affair and Lacy is pounding the rock.

NO leaned on their rushing attack... 36 attempts...185 yards.

We see tons of passing stats during the season but you better be able to run the ball if you make the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

In the SD game, Rivers didn't really have to pass the ball as much as Cincy was turning it over.

I think in general, you need to go more balanced against better Ds and running becomes more prevalent this time of year. The only team that surprised me a little with how much they ran it was NO, but I think they were taking what Philly was giving them.

It'll be interesting to see if things change next week with guys like Brady and Manning playing? Carolina and Seattle are more balanced and built to play ball control/D, so as weird as the playoffs get they'll both probably throw 50 times lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

It can be an "any type of league" on any given Sunday. Sometimes the circumstances of a game (weather, close game, turnovers ect) can dictate how coaches/teams approach games as the game evolves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    In the SD game, Rivers didn't really have to pass the ball as much as Cincy was turning it over.

I think in general, you need to go more balanced against better Ds and running becomes more prevalent this time of year. The only team that surprised me a little with how much they ran it was NO, but I think they were taking what Philly was giving them.

It'll be interesting to see if things change next week with guys like Brady and Manning playing? Carolina and Seattle are more balanced and built to play ball control/D, so as weird as the playoffs get they'll both probably throw 50 times lol.
    Rivers didnt have to throw because Dalton threw his team out of the game.

They ran a ton tho... and it worked.

Manning is going to throw and will probably lose. Pats actually run more than most think...

Panthers and San Fran was 10-9 last time they played.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-05-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

playoffs, what are those?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown