Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison not a big hit in Cinci

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison not a big hit in Cinci

Some said all along that James Harrison, playing in a 4-3 in Cinci, would not do all that much. Those who said that were right. When I watch Cinci games, I usually only notice him making one hard hit per game; nothing like he was in da Burgh. (He ended up with only 2 sacks and 1 int.)

But I did see him get a flag thrown for trying to rip a Charger's head off today.

Boy, another play off season for Cinci and no play off wins, again. As good as they can be, they can be just as horrid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Deebo was really not a fit in Cincy. They rush more from their front four and just wanted him as more of a run stuffer than anything.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The scheme, the league, and the rules have passed Deebo by.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Deebo is a pass rusher. 1 on 1, me vs. any big ol' tackle you want. He's also OLD now.
    If he was the YOUNG Deebo the Steelers wouldn't have asked him to take a paycut
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Deebo is a pass rusher. 1 on 1, me vs. any big ol' tackle you want. He's also OLD now.
    If he was the YOUNG Deebo the Steelers wouldn't have asked him to take a paycut
    Yep. His combo of speed strength and leverage helped him dominate rushing the passer. So much so that the rules had to be changed so that OTs could hold in a certain way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bad fit for Deebo...

Legend

User Info Menu

remember all the 'fans' that said we should honor his contract and that he was still great?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    remember all the 'fans' that said we should honor his contract and that he was still great?
    I don't recall anyone saying he was still great. Many of us believed, and still do, that he would still have worked well in our Defense. There were a few weeks where we could have used him. Most of us understood the business side of things forced him out, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been productive. Any clown could have seen that wouldn't put up big numbers the way he was being used in Cincy (no reference to Flippy).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying he was still great. Many of us believed, and still do, that he would still have worked well in our Defense. There were a few weeks where we could have used him. Most of us understood the business side of things forced him out, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been productive. Any clown could have seen that wouldn't put up big numbers the way he was being used in Cincy (no reference to Flippy).
    Thanks Sugar. I agree and was thinking this after squids post. We could have used him with the Woodley and Worilds injuries, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Thanks Sugar. I agree and was thinking this after squids post. We could have used him with the Woodley and Worilds injuries, etc.
    so if harrison stayed, JJ and woriulds wouldnt have seen the field until woodley 'hurt himself'.
    no way you have those 4 guys making that amount of money with 2 of them sitting the bench.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown