Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harrison not a big hit in Cinci

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    interesting...

I doubt it would happen but I wouldn't mind if he came back for the vet minimum to be a back up.

it goes against everything I've been saying but if we lose Worilds we will be thin outside because Woodley will get injured again next year.
    He could have value as a rotational player but I don't see it happening. In the 3-4 outside linebacker, I still think Harrison would be effective against the run. He'd be a heck of a lot more effective than Chris Carter and Sylvester.

He could contribute on the early downs with JJ coming in fresh in passing situations.

I don't think he will return - if nothing else, there was probably too much damage to the relationship from the failed renegotiation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought Sylvester did a better job than Carter. Is Fox still in the NFL or is he too old to be playing now ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I thought Sylvester did a better job than Carter. Is Fox still in the NFL or is he too old to be playing now ?
    Don't need useless retreads like Harrison and Fox, we need young talented and athletic players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree about the retreads. I was just saying I thought Sylvester did a better job than Carter and if Fox was still in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't need useless retreads like Harrison and Fox, we need young talented and athletic players.
    The Steelers do need young and talented players, but Harrison would not be useless. He was a force against the run, an area where the team struggled this year. From a pure talent standpoint, he would have improved the team.

Again, I'm not saying that he should return, but it's a bit strong to call him useless.

Legend

User Info Menu

wonder how much Roger will fine Deebo for trying to rip Woodhead's head off?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He could have value as a rotational player but I don't see it happening. In the 3-4 outside linebacker, I still think Harrison would be effective against the run. He'd be a heck of a lot more effective than Chris Carter and Sylvester.

He could contribute on the early downs with JJ coming in fresh in passing situations.

I don't think he will return - if nothing else, there was probably too much damage to the relationship from the failed renegotiation.
    It seems James would hold a angry emotion towards the Steelers, but, then again, don't forget during that interview when asked how he felt about Dick L., he stared at the video and said, "I really miss him." See, you never now. That comment was totally heart felt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    wonder how much Roger will fine Deebo for trying to rip Woodhead's head off?

I don't know, but I am guessing he will get hit with something. He obviously ripped his lid off.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I don't know, but I am guessing he will get hit with something. He obviously ripped his lid off.
    Would make me wonder if he does not the fine. Thinking the other day he was quiet on lord rogers radar this year. Not like when he was in Pittsburgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Would make me wonder if he does not the fine. Thinking the other day he was quiet on lord rogers radar this year. Not like when he was in Pittsburgh
    he had a quiet year all around.. can't get fined if you aren't hitting people.

I think JH is the type to come back to Pittsburgh if he gets an offer... but he would probably have a few people in the FO he would ice grill and give the silent treatment.