User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    • 45-44 so far
    • 45-31 Sugar
    • 52-42 Fiesta
    • 40-35 Orange
    • 24-20 Rose
    • 41-31 Cotton

Is it just coincidence? The term big-play, almost seems like a contradiction. There aren't "memorable" plays anymore, because every series there is a 50-yard TD. Maybe the new NFL is just accumulate points.

I think I should change my pick to another WR.
    T.Y. Hilton is a 3rd rounder.... I think we can find great value in later rounds at the WR position.

I also think that game was a one off... that was some sloppy football being played.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    watching this Dontari Poe anchor down the middle...

thinking a Nose Tackle wouldn't be such a terrible idea in the first round.. missing the big snack...

huh?

his team just gave up 45 points. shows ya how little effect a 2 gap NT has against passing game

this guy was 2nd team all pro and has a better supporting cast on defense then any rookie would have playing for us.

i wouldnt think about drafting a nose tackle until maybe our comp pick in the 3rd. more important to get players that can play the pass in the secondary

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    T.Y. Hilton is a 3rd rounder.... I think we can find great value in later rounds at the WR position.

I also think that game was a one off... that was some sloppy football being played.

that game maybe a 1 off. but its not a 1 off with the rest of the league or even the college games he mentioned.

in back to back weeks this year, league records were broken for

1. scoring the most TDS in a week (believe it was just the sunday)

and then

2. scoring the most points

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    First off... I'm pretty sure Washington traded their first rounder to the Rams to get RGIII.

Second... I know damn well Clowney isn't going 12th unless he gets injured or catches a murder charge.
    That is correct.( Regarding Rams/Skins) But i still do not think the Rams take him,...they also have a Franchise QB to protect and i do not think Fisher hitches his future to a player as high risk as Clowney. Though fisher does believe in lights out D and might possibly want to go that direction. But if so.....it would be Barr or Mack imo.

Again, no Clowney in the top five.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 01-04-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    huh?

his team just gave up 45 points. shows ya how little effect a 2 gap NT has against passing game

this guy was 2nd team all pro and has a better supporting cast on defense then any rookie would have playing for us.

i wouldnt think about drafting a nose tackle until maybe our comp pick in the 3rd. more important to get players that can play the pass in the secondary
    You are going to use KC as proof a NT isn't important?

KC has playmakers in the secondary... had 3 or 4 INT's and STILL gave up 45 points.

Its foolish to shrugg off a NT until the 3rd..especially if an NT in the 1st will see the field while our DB sits for a year or 3.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Clowney is a headcase. And the only reason he still goes in the top 15 is strictly because of raw talent.
    If you think for a second he drops out of top 5 you need a head exam. Then again 3 weeks ago you had us taking Kalil Mack in the 2nd and Trey DePriest in the 3rd so you probably do anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

huh?

How many times did a steelers D (with big snack at NT) give up 45 pts in a game?

Contrary to what some think, the cupboard is not bare in the secondary. Do they need to invest a few high/middle round picks in the secondary? sure. Do those draft picks have to come to be plug and play guys? Depends on what happens in the FO this off season.

Our D was gashed against the run this year, so we need our NT play to be dominant. If it's by the draft, so be it, if it's by developing someone who is already on the roster... great. Suring up NT would also allow McClendon, Woods, etc to compete for a position they may be better suited for (DE). I think keeping Keisel around for another year (at a modest price tag) would provide much need leadership and depth.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    If you think for a second he drops out of top 5 you need a head exam. Then again 3 weeks ago you had us taking Kalil Mack in the 2nd and Trey DePriest in the 3rd so you probably do anyway.
    Well ma'am,... i pose to you the same question i did to Dizz. Who takes Clowney in the top five in your opinion ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

mack in the 2nd?

sign me up!

Legend

User Info Menu

that game maybe a 1 off. but its not a 1 off with the rest of the league or even the college games he mentioned.

in back to back weeks this year, league records were broken for

1. scoring the most TDS in a week (believe it was just the sunday)

and then

2. scoring the most points
    If the KC game could be a one off it makes sense for our FO not to use it to determine our needs.

KC runs a 3-4 and just gave up 45.... we also gave up 55 to the Pats. Should we abandon the 3-4 altogether?

I'm currently watching the Iggles vs Aints and it isnt an offensive explosion.