User Info Menu

Steelers Fire Offensive Line Coach Jack Bicknell

Saw on Twitter.

Starter

User Info Menu

It's confirmed on Steelers.com

Legend

User Info Menu

Shoot, thought he did a decent job with the rag tag squad he had to work with.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That's what I thought,the O-Line seemed to improve as the season went on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Me, too. Wonder what the story is.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Me, too. Wonder what the story is.
    Well, it "WAS" his job to have either Gilbert or Adams "prepared" to play LT. They had to jettison the Gilbert at LT idea in training camp and Adams didn't pan out there this year either (being nice). Forcing them to trade for Brown and luck into Beachum after Brown was hurt warming up for his first game in a Steelers uniform. I think maybe the failure to develop Adams and Gilbert did him in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think credit to the OL getting better with all the injuries falls on Shaun Sarrett. I think maybe they like what he did & they will promote Sarrett to OL coach. Who knows...Maybe Tunch is ready!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You can also thank Matt Spaeth for helping out the OL in blocking once he came back...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Neither saddened nor surprised.

Legend

User Info Menu

Although Le'Veon Bell this year was more impressive than Jon Dwyer and Ike Redman last year, the OL wasn't opening up any better holes for him.

Although Ben took less sacks as the year went on, that may have been primarily a function of running more no huddle and getting the ball out of his hands quicker.

Adams was a disaster at LT (ended up being okay as a tackle-eligible 6th OL/TE), Beachum was serviceable there.
    Foster was serviceable at LG.
    After Pouncey went down, Velasco was better than many of us expected (I figured he'd be a below average starter, but he was actually an above average starter) and Wallace was better than many of us expected to a lesser extent (I figured he'd be way below average, but he was only slightly below average).
    DeCastro was a Pro Bowl candidate in his first real as a starter after what amounted to essentially a medical redshirt rookie sesason.
    Gilbert was serviceable at RT.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.