Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your the GM...Put your Money Where It Counts

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Best player available at a position of need. Period!

If they corner themselves based on numbers they will more than likely reach for a player.
    Agree completely.

I've said before, a few years from now, we are going to look at the players selected this year and evaluate them on how they are contributing to the team, not whether they fill a position of need. The Steelers could add a LB, DB, DE, NT, WR or TE and help the team now and in the future.

The only positions I would rule out in the first are QB and RB. Everything else is fair game.

Legend
    If we go defense, someone who can rush the passer and that isn't a Nose Tackle.

Why not go WR and outscore our opponents.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Why should Steelers spend three 1st Rd picks on D-Line??? I would be upset if they spend another high 1st Rd pick on DL. There is no need to spend #15 on a 2-down player with weight and knees issue.

Offense is on a verge of becoming explosive. It needs one or two players. Its offense turn in this draft.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Louis Nix III would be my first pick. Would also let Manny Sanders go and would go after Golden Tate in FA.

Working on a new "DeVille does the offseason" with all the signings, cuts, etc... coming soon to thread near you...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Consider:

Since 2003 the Steelers win:

65% of games where they sack the opponent at least 1 time
    70% of games where they sack the opponent at least 2 times

75% of games where they intercept at least 1 pass
    81% of games where they intercept at least 2 passes
    100% of games where they intercept at least 3 passes

Where should they put their draft picks?
    Well, they've won 100% of the time when they have scored more points than their opponent ... Maybe a tall WR or a pass catching TE somewhere in the draft. And, based on the alternating Def/Off/Def/Off nature of 1st round picks during the Tomlin/Colbert era I wouldn't be surprised to see Offense addressed with pick #1. Not saying I'd agree with that approach; just that there is a pattern to their 1st round picks.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Well, they've won 100% of the time when they have scored more points than their opponent ... Maybe a tall WR or a pass catching TE somewhere in the draft. And, based on the alternating Def/Off/Def/Off nature of 1st round picks during the Tomlin/Colbert era I wouldn't be surprised to see Offense addressed with pick #1. Not saying I'd agree with that approach; just that there is a pattern to their 1st round picks.
    Strange how the team that scores more points always wins isn't it????? I do think they go offense in Round 1 for either a WR or TE, probably WR because they let Sanders walk, and then load up on defense later in the draft.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If we go defense, someone who can rush the passer and that isn't a Nose Tackle.

Why not go WR and outscore our opponents.
    If an offense is putting two inside lineman on one nose tackle, there is less likely the chance you are going to see that offense chip the OLB with a RB or TE. And as Jason Worilds was developing this year, the Steelers saw more and more of this on him. Less and less of that means more times he or Jarvis Jones get's to the QB.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

This team NEEDS turnovers!! Pressure on the QB is a start and with JONES in his 2nd year, Heyward coming into his own and Jason Worilds we can do this. Now we need some ballhawks in the SECONDARY.

Round 1 & 2 needs to have a secondary player selected.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Strange how the team that scores more points always wins isn't it????? I do think they go offense in Round 1 for either a WR or TE, probably WR because they let Sanders walk, and then load up on defense later in the draft.
    Strange how the team who holds the other team to less points wins 100% of the time. Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Strange how the team who holds the other team to less points wins 100% of the time. Fascinating.
    Hilarious!! Good one Shawn.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma