Thread: Steelers Comp Picks!

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelers Comp Picks!

I apologize if this has been reported but the Steelers appear to be getting a third for Wallace and a 5th for Lewis. I dont know what the Steel got for Mendy.

Ref - Jim Wexell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this info. Hopefully there are sleeper picks with these and the team gains strength as we have in the past with mid and later round selections. I think that had a lot to do with our success in the past. Guys like Aaron Smith, Hines Ward, Antonio Brown to name just a couple that played like number ones. The nice thing is, not everyone peaks in high school or college. I like it when they peak in our Steeler system/family.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is very good news...I need to make some adjustments in my mock.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the Steelers probably traded away this years 3rd round b/c they knew they would get that compensatory pick.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I, too, need to fix my mock draft now. Are we for sure going to be getting a comp. pick for Mendenhall or are we just getting the third and fifth?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Mendenhall comp pick was probably offset by signing Gradkowski...

I don't know of Mundy qualified for a comp pick...nor Will Allen, mostly because of playing time...

Starter

User Info Menu

I think we'll end up with a 6 or 7, too, with the Mendenhall/Mundy/Allen/Legursky losses offsetting our "gains". Or maybe Tomlin's foray onto the field will offset that extra pick?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did Mendenhall signed a 1 yr deal. Not going to get any COMP for that.
    Legursky signed a 2 yr, $2 million deal so I doubt we'll get any comp for that other than a 7th round pick at best. Since he was undrafted that might factor into the equation??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Mendenhall comp pick was probably offset by signing Gradkowski...

I don't know of Mundy qualified for a comp pick...nor Will Allen, mostly because of playing time...
    Gradkowski got a three year deal out of the Steelers, on one hand. He didn't play a down of football this year, on the other.

Mendy got a one year deal, but was productive for AZ. Depending on Mundy's productivity in NY, we might not see a comp for Mendy. Knowing the track record of the league toward the Steelers and the arbitrary nature of the comp system, I am not holding my breath on anything more than a 3d and 5th Round comp for this draft.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!