Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor to FS??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ike Taylor to FS??

The Rooney's love him and I can see him taking a pay cut to play a couple more years in Pittsburgh at FS

Legend

User Info Menu

This makes more sense then Frazier as the new DC
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He just isn't built for it. He is a CB all the way. He can make tackles, but he is no where near a thumper, nor will he ever be. And he ain't Rod Woodson, a superior athlete who could do almost anything. Also, we will get zero picks from our FS position and that isn't really a winning formula.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be all for it, it's not like the Steelers have a ball hawk back there now and just as recently as last year the defense was #1 in scoring defense. Ike can tackle, knows the defense, stays in great shape and has a good work ethic, if he would take a cut and play FS, it would in all likelihood be an upgrade Over Ryan Clark version 2013.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

As mentioned in another thread, Ike in a FS spot may work to his advantage. His biggest fault as a CB is ball-awareness. Since CB play is mainly with your back to the QB, having Ike in a FS spot allows him to see the ball before it arrives. He may turn out to be productive as a FS.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It could work. The " thumper" safety seem to be a second blessing anymore. If they can't cover first... They get exposed. I don't know where to obtain snap counts but I would be willing to bet the defense spent 60% in sub. Both Ryan and Troy were exposed in single high. DL put Troy where he played to his strength in LB zones. Troy could be productive for another year or two in that role if he had a safety behind him with range.

That being said..He still has to take a pay cut.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 12-31-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why not TROY to FS and move Taylor to SS to match up against today's TE's.......he'd have to add 10lbs. of muscle but why not?
    /?
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    This makes more sense then Frazier as the new DC
    I agree but not by much. A centerfielder with no hands?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree but not by much. A centerfielder with no hands?
    I'd rather that than the one that goes head hunting first and plays the ball second. If they draft a FS and give him a year to learn what the NFL is all about and Ike can hold down the fort for a year, that's a win-win IMO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, Ike in a FS spot may work to his advantage. His biggest fault as a CB is ball-awareness. Since CB play is mainly with your back to the QB, having Ike in a FS spot allows him to see the ball before it arrives. He may turn out to be productive as a FS.
    I said the same thing last week. I think keeping the play in front of him may actually help Ike do better taking the ball away. IMO he is a better option at FS than "Shark" or Golden.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"