Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 5 missteps that kept Steelers out of postseason

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I think that Redman's fumble on the 6 was the first indicator that this team wasn't really ready in week one. You have to be ready when the first whistle blows.
    what? how does Redmans fumble translate into a whole team not being ready? If anything it showed the FO made a mistake by choosing Redman over Dwyer.

Pro Bowler
    I would have mentioned the entire Vikings game where every single player looked as if they'd rather be ANYWHERE else in the world rather than in London playing a football game.

I disagree. Dwyer wasn't brought back because he was more talented...he has shown the ability to get a few yards with fewer than 5 carries per game...Redman just lost his mind...that isn't on the staff...

Redman's fumble then was an indicator they weren't ready, and the 0-4, mistake plagued start backed it up. Just my opinion....

Legend
    Redman's fumble then was an indicator they weren't ready, and the 0-4, mistake plagued start backed it up. Just my opinion....
    it's an indication HE wasn't ready...

I would say losing Pouncey on the first series was a much bigger factor than a Redman fumble...

I almost want to question your sobriety with the Redman logic. What about the 0-4 preseason? The bad passing and running game in the preseason? Foote's injury?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-02-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it's an indication HE wasn't ready...

I would say losing Pouncey on the first series was a much bigger factor than a Redman fumble...

I almost want to question your sobriety with the Redman logic. What about the 0-4 preseason? The bad passing and running game in the preseason? Foote's injury?

Ok, whatever you say. You're not sucking me in. It's my opinion and I can leave it at that.

First of all Redman never had possession of the football on that play. I don't know how he gets credit for the fumble. Second of all, if we (the Steelers) fold for the season based on 1 turnover at the goal line we don't deserve to be called an NFL football team.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Do you guys feel this season was an over the hump adjustment for the Steelers in getting things together and for the players getting that hunger of making the playoffs and even thinking Super Bowl ? Hopefully Tomlin will not have next seasons start as dismal as the past seasons with losing the fourth opener. I truly believe you need the very first game of the season to make the season a positive mindset and set the karma. Go Steelers !!!!!!!!!
    I think it is a turning IF Ben continues to "buy into" what Haley wants to do on offense. I think if he does it elevates Ben to one of the Top 3 or 4 QBs in the NFL. If he reverts back to "old stubborn Ben" then we will struggle.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    First of all Redman never had possession of the football on that play. I don't know how he gets credit for the fumble. Second of all, if we (the Steelers) fold for the season based on 1 turnover at the goal line we don't deserve to be called an NFL football team.
    The fact Redman was still on the team was a major front office blunder. Enough "ooops" all around by players, coaches and front office.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    what? how does Redmans fumble translate into a whole team not being ready? If anything it showed the FO made a mistake by choosing Redman over Dwyer.
    How do we know this was a front office decision and not a decision made by the coaching staff? Do we think that Colbert completely disregards the input from the coaching staff in making these decisions?