Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 5 missteps that kept Steelers out of postseason

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would bet my mortgage the backup RB is decided on by the coaching staff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    How do we know this was a front office decision and not a decision made by the coaching staff? Do we think that Colbert completely disregards the input from the coaching staff in making these decisions?
    when I use FO it includes the coaching staff.... I'm sure they communicate over who they prefer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    How do we know this was a front office decision and not a decision made by the coaching staff? Do we think that Colbert completely disregards the input from the coaching staff in making these decisions?
    Whoever made it, keeping Redman was a bad decision as time and Dwyer's performance proved as the season went on. The fact he was jobless after we cut him says it all.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Whoever made it, keeping Redman was a bad decision as time and Dwyer's performance proved as the season went on. The fact he was jobless after we cut him says it all.
    What about the fact that Dwyer was jobless after we cut him? What does that say about him?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

at the risk of derailing the thread - I must admit I'm a bit mystified by the attitudes towards dwyer. maybe someone can crunch stats better than me, but it seems to me that whenever he touches the ball - it results in positive yards. He runs hard, is often stoked when he gets the first down. He doesn't get many touches - but my impression is when he does, he makes plays.

maybe he's the opposite of the 'practice guy'. you know, the one that looks great on the south side/latrobe and has the coaches ooohing and ahhhing - but then shows nothing on sunday. Maybe dwyer is the crappy practice guy that has the coaching staff pulling their hair out and only using him as a last resort - only to find that on sunday, he finally shows up?
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer is a significantly better back than Redman, but this is not saying much. Did anyone except the coaches/FO think Redman was the best starting back we could get? He must be the worst back in NFL history, and that was pretty much always apparent.