Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Bill Cowher Reportedly Met With Redskins Owner Dan Snyder Twice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Bill Cowher Reportedly Met With Redskins Owner Dan Snyder Twice

Bill Cowher, the ex-coach who led the Pittsburgh Steelers to a Super Bowl, hasn’t coached since 2006 but with every year, there’s rumors that he’ll come back.

Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post tweeted that Redskins owner “Dan Snyder has already met with Bill Cowher at least twice.”

And a Washington Times editorial said that Cowher would be a perfect fit for the ailing Washington Redskins, who recently fired coach Mike Shanahan.

“An established coach would bring a proven track record but, in some regard, arrive as damaged goods; a younger assistant doesn’t excite the fan base, but has the opportunity to grow with his team,” it reads. “Bill Cowher, former Pittsburgh Steelers coach: Out of coaching for seven seasons and now a television analyst, Cowher would be a hire players would immediately respect.”

Cowher is currently an analyst with CBS Sports and he’s expressed no interest in coaching in previous years.

Read more: [url]http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/425496-bill-cowher-reportedly-met-with-redskins-owner-dan-snyder-twice/#ixzz2p5qHQBsT[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

I've heard these rumors also. I think Cowher would be insane to give up a sweet T.V. gig like he has to work for Dan Snyder. I don't know why it's considered a plum job.established coaches like,Shannahan, Gibbs and Schotenhemier couldn't win with him sticking his nose it the football side of it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I've heard these rumors also. I think Cowher would be insane to give up a sweet T.V. gig like he has to work for Dan Snyder. I don't know why it's considered a plum job.established coaches like,Shannahan, Gibbs and Schotenhemier couldn't win with him sticking his nose it the football side of it.
    The next NFL job Coach Cowher will have will be to take a job in the Steelers FO. If the Steelers, somehow, regress next year, that offer could come sooner than later.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

buccoray61, I couldn't agree with you anymore.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    buccoray61, I couldn't agree with you anymore.
    I 2nd That!
    The only job I'd like Cowher to take in Washington DC is the Presidency in 2016 (Libertarian Party)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I can give you 10 million reasons why. Per annum. And so could Mr. Cowher's bank account. That said, that situation may not be as bad as it looks... Low expectations coming off a 4 - 12. Franchise QB who will be better next year, as most players are year 2 after an ACL (even Brady). Another coach taking the fall to get the team out of cap jail. If you lose, so what? So did a who's who of the profession, and you made 20 or 30 million in bank for your trouble. If you win? You succeeded where said who's who failed, raising your coaching profile from that of Super Bowl champion to that of the Annie Sullivan of the coaching profession. I don't think the idea is nearly as crazy as most do.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I can give you 10 million reasons why. Per annum. And so could Mr. Cowher's bank account. That said, that situation may not be as bad as it looks... Low expectations coming off a 4 - 12. Franchise QB who will be better next year, as most players are year 2 after an ACL (even Brady). Another coach taking the fall to get the team out of cap jail. If you lose, so what? So did a who's who of the profession, and you made 20 or 30 million in bank for your trouble. If you win? You succeeded where said who's who failed, raising your coaching profile from that of Super Bowl champion to that of the Annie Sullivan of the coaching profession. I don't think the idea is nearly as crazy as most do.
    I see where you are coming from,and I have no idea what Bill Cowher is thinking.........but if it were my choice,I'd keep the TV job,less stress,less hours,to me it's not all about money,but that's just me.

Legend

User Info Menu

I see where you are coming from,and I have no idea what Bill Cowher is thinking.........but if it were my choice,I'd keep the TV job,less stress,less hours,to me it's not all about money,but that's just me.
    I agree. It's not like he's working for minimum wage. He is probably still making 7 figures and I'd imagine that he has all the money he needs. I could see his competitiveness leading him back to coaching, but I can't see him wanting to deal with Snyder and all the b.s. with that franchise. The Redskins are a dysfunctional mess, and while they have a QB, it will still be a few years before they have another first round pick. It seems like a no-win situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have always said when BC comes back it will be for 10 mill a year. I still believe that will be the case. BC might be bored with his soft tv gig. What do you think a gig like that pays? Can't be that much.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I have always said when BC comes back it will be for 10 mill a year. I still believe that will be the case. BC might be bored with his soft tv gig. What do you think a gig like that pays? Can't be that much.
    I bet it pays more than you think.