Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Bill Cowher Reportedly Met With Redskins Owner Dan Snyder Twice

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I see where you are coming from,and I have no idea what Bill Cowher is thinking.........but if it were my choice,I'd keep the TV job,less stress,less hours,to me it's not all about money,but that's just me.
    I agree. It's not like he's working for minimum wage. He is probably still making 7 figures and I'd imagine that he has all the money he needs. I could see his competitiveness leading him back to coaching, but I can't see him wanting to deal with Snyder and all the b.s. with that franchise. The Redskins are a dysfunctional mess, and while they have a QB, it will still be a few years before they have another first round pick. It seems like a no-win situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see where you are coming from,and I have no idea what Bill Cowher is thinking.........but if it were my choice,I'd keep the TV job,less stress,less hours,to me it's not all about money,but that's just me.
    I have always said when BC comes back it will be for 10 mill a year. I still believe that will be the case. BC might be bored with his soft tv gig. What do you think a gig like that pays? Can't be that much.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I have always said when BC comes back it will be for 10 mill a year. I still believe that will be the case. BC might be bored with his soft tv gig. What do you think a gig like that pays? Can't be that much.
    I bet it pays more than you think.

Legend

User Info Menu

why would cowher want to deal with a arrogant qb that wont have his bad plays shown, have his daddy running around in the locker room and when things dont go his way blame the coach and have him fired?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Backup

User Info Menu

We got rid of Donahoe and brought in a puppet GM because of his will have a power struggle with Coach Cowher. I don't think Coach would be up for the almost certain interference that Snyder would bring to the table.

If the guy would undermine a veteran Coach with the resume and experience of Shanahan,...anyone would be fair game imo

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've heard these rumors also. I think Cowher would be insane to give up a sweet T.V. gig like he has to work for Dan Snyder. I don't know why it's considered a plum job.established coaches like,Shannahan, Gibbs and Schotenhemier couldn't win with him sticking his nose it the football side of it.
    The next NFL job Coach Cowher will have will be to take a job in the Steelers FO. If the Steelers, somehow, regress next year, that offer could come sooner than later.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet it pays more than you think.
    Bill Cowher makes 3.4 million a year as a TV analyst.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Bill Cowher makes 3.4 million a year as a TV analyst.
    Yep thats more than I thought

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just think B.C.gets 3.4mil to watch and talk about football. We do it for free here every day............................
    ......we're getting hosed folks

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Just think B.C.gets 3.4mil to watch and talk about football. We do it for free here every day............................
    ......we're getting hosed folks
    You're not getting paid? You had better take that up with John.
    Trolls are people too.