Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Nix III

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Dee Dub, which of the teams below do you view as needing a NT and would consider taking Nix? I have a feeling he'll be there at 1.15.

1. Texans
    2. Rams (via Redskins)
    3. Jaguars
    4. Browns
    5. Raiders
    6. Falcons
    7. Buccaneers
    8. Vikings
    9. Bills
    10. Lions
    11. Titans
    12. Giants
    13. Rams
    14. Bears

Pappy
    I'm not sure if Nix will be there or not, but there is talk about the Bears moving to a 3-4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The chances of getting 2 or 3 cover CB's on the same team in the same draft is .25%... the chances of 1 cover corner breaking our starting lineup and having an impact is .025%. The chances of that cover CB learning the playbook and looking like he did predraft on film is .0025%

However, the chances of an NT like Nix getting on the field on day 1 and having a direct impact on how good our DB's look by pushing the pocket back are probably in the 50% to 75% range.

Can you name one DB on the Panthers team? They were 8-3 and there were discussions of starting 2 rookies... I repeat....2 FREAKING ROOKIES at CB.
    When you have a dominant front 7 your secondary looks and plays much better.
    The Panthers are also a 4-3 team so it is easier to integrate young players. The standout performance their defense had this year was because their front four could take young guys and plug them tright in because they were playing their natural positions.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The Panthers are also a 4-3 team so it is easier to integrate young players. The standout performance their defense had this year was because their front four could take young guys and plug them tright in because they were playing their natural positions.
    and which do you think will plug and play on day 1 in our D? A first round NT or a first round CB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The Panthers started a rookie NT and 1 yr vet MLB Luke Kuechly. The rest of the D line had +5 yrs experience. Star was the 14th pick in the 1st and Kuechly was the 9th in the 1st. So yea, a couple of high picks in the 1st rd should make your defense look real good.

The Steelers started a 3 yr OLB, a 3 yr NT, a rookie ILB for many games, a 2nd yr DE, ... just how much younger do they need to get?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Panthers started a rookie NT and 1 yr vet MLB Luke Kuechly. The rest of the D line had +5 yrs experience. Star was the 14th pick in the 1st and Kuechly was the 9th in the 1st. So yea, a couple of high picks in the 1st rd should make your defense look real good.

The Steelers started a 3 yr OLB, a 3 yr NT, a rookie ILB for many games, a 2nd yr DE, ... just how much younger do they need to get?
    As young as the rest of the league...

Legend

User Info Menu

and which do you think will plug and play on day 1 in our D? A first round NT or a first round CB?

Neither.

Unless injuries take out all the vets in front of them, and they are forced to put the rookies in, they won't be in on day 1. "Rookies" and "plug and play on day 1" don't go together with our D.

BTW, I agree with you that a dominant front 7 makes your DBs look a lot better.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 01-03-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    the Steelers need to get younger at both starting safety positions and at one CB position where Ryan Clark, Troy and Ike are all in the twilight of their careers.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

can nix rush the passer?

not sure what a run stuffing only NT does for this D. teams will just spread us out and pass on us. like they've been doing over the years.

like the whole league is starting to do in every game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    can nix rush the passer?

not sure what a run stuffing only NT does for this D. teams will just spread us out and pass on us. like they've been doing over the years.

like the whole league is starting to do in every game.
    yes, Nix can rush the passer very well.

but as long as LeBeau remains our DC, the NT's primary responsibility is gap control and occupying blockers...not rushing the passer.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The chances of getting 2 or 3 cover CB's on the same team in the same draft is .25%... the chances of 1 cover corner breaking our starting lineup and having an impact is .025%. The chances of that cover CB learning the playbook and looking like he did predraft on film is .0025%

However, the chances of an NT like Nix getting on the field on day 1 and having a direct impact on how good our DB's look by pushing the pocket back are probably in the 50% to 75% range.

Can you name one DB on the Panthers team? They were 8-3 and there were discussions of starting 2 rookies... I repeat....2 FREAKING ROOKIES at CB.
    When you have a dominant front 7 your secondary looks and plays much better.
    Well I still have hope in Cortez Allen. Gay can still play. Not sure about Ike. So I see one CB needed for sure. Never did I say draft 2 or 3 CB's. But 2 would be nice in 2014. But I am just talking draft a starting caliber CB and a possible later round to groom. Now yes I can name a CB for Carolina he is Captain Munnerlyn. Must of seem him on sport center or NFL network. I can tell you like Nix. I am just on the fence. I might agree with you by draft day. At this point I disagree with you that he will be that big impact. Heck he could bust out or get hurt his rookie season. I just do not get hard over a player. I try to stick to position. The draft is to much a gamble for teams and more so for fans. Heck do we even have a dominant front 7 if you add Nix's? Guess that depends on your point of view?