Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Nix III

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll never understand how Steeler fans could watch Hampton...and seen with their own eyes how he freed up others to do their job...yet want another year of one gap McClendon as our anchor.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yea, I'm with you on Keisel, however, I think Hood will be re-signed at a reasonable salary, I think the fans are the only ones giving up on him.

Pappy
    I would be okay with bringing back Hood at a reasonable salary. I just think that he'll get offers far better than what we should give to retain his services. He's a decent starter, but I think the guys we have behind him are also capable of being decent starters...without throwing any cash at the position.
    If Hood stays, I think it would likely necessitate the release of Keisel. I would rather give the other 3 guys a chance to compete for the DE spot and Keep Keisel there as a stop-gap, transitional insurance policy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'll never understand how Steeler fans could watch Hampton...and seen with their own eyes how he freed up others to do their job...yet want another year of one gap McClendon as our anchor.
    Agreed!! But this is about someone wanting the Steelers to draft a position that they want. It really isnt about McClendon.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Agree completely. The 3-4 success is predicated upon having a mauling disruptive gap hog at NT. I would hope that unlike a lot of people on this board.. ahem... The brain trust addresses the NT situation. Big Snack made everyone around him better... That came from his team mates...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You see it exactly the way I do. When teams spread us out, would Nix even be on the field? That's not what we have seen out of the NT in the past.
    You are not seeing this from a realistic point of view. What a player like Nix could do for the Steelers on downs 1 and 2 would make it very favorable more times than not on those 3rd downs.

And like I have said a million times, the best way to beat a spread is to not spread out on the defensive side of the ball. That is exactly what a spread offense wants you to do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm interested in hearing the real breakdown on McLendon's game. Because, the 5 biggest runs against our defense, happened when McLendon was on the sideline. IOW, if we didn't give up some of those huge runs, how would our D rank?

I'm curious of his PFF ranking, and knowing what the team really thinks of him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    .....Big Snack made everyone around him better... That came from his team mates...
    Spot on! Can you imagine what Nix would do for someone like Cameron Heyward? Or how much better he would make Lawrence Timmons and Troy Polamalu? Scary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Spot on! Can you imagine what Nix would do for someone like Cameron Heyward? Or how much better he would make Lawrence Timmons and Troy Polamalu? Scary.
    Yet you still have Gilbert as your #1? I gotta go youtube this kid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yet you still have Gilbert as your #1? I gotta go youtube this kid.
    What does that have to do with anything? As I have said like 100 times, I do not think Nix will be there at 15.

By the way there are several players that I would take at 15. Not just Gilbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

snack used to come off the field on obvious passing downs