Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 280

Thread: Louis Nix III

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post


    It was a need & they thought it was addressed later in the draft with Spence. Mosley could be a possibility because he is graded in the Top 20 imo.
    Spence truly is the wild card in this years draft process, IMO. If they have any indication that he's not going to be a reliable option this coming season, I think they look for ILB pretty early. Having Williams out there truly hurt this defense after Foote went out early in the season.

  2. #152
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    I can see ILB but I wonder how the FO feel about Williams. He was thrown into the fire and struggled ealy but I thought he improved as the season went on...

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Spence truly is the wild card in this years draft process, IMO. If they have any indication that he's not going to be a reliable option this coming season, I think they look for ILB pretty early. Having Williams out there truly hurt this defense after Foote went out early in the season.
    I don't see anyway the Steelers can bank on Spence...coming off a horrific knee injury...not seeing him play...being out for an extended period of time. Spence will be fortunate to be a future back up for the Steelers.

    IMO, the Steelers will grab Dennard if there...but I don't think he will be. That leaves Nix and Mosley.

  4. #154
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't see anyway the Steelers can bank on Spence...coming off a horrific knee injury...not seeing him play...being out for an extended period of time. Spence will be fortunate to be a future back up for the Steelers.

    IMO, the Steelers will grab Dennard if there...but I don't think he will be. That leaves Nix and Mosley.
    I agree with you, either Nix or Mosley would greatly help improve the Steelers' 21st ranked run defense.

  5. #155
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,499
    Unfortunately...They only know about Spence. I would say if they drafted an ILB within the first 3 rounds they don't feel to good about Spence & they feel Williams is just a solid back-up. Although someone like Van Noy could back-up inside & outside...So that may be an option.
    No problem with ILB or CB at #15 here...No argument. I wouldn't take Nix. I wouldn't be interested in Nix unless the Steelers traded back.

    The Steelers had their NT on the field 375 snaps out of 1,070 and everyone thinks having a True NT would have helped the 21st rank run defense? The Steelers gave up 65% of the rushing yards against nickel & dime. The reason the Steelers were in Nickel & Dime was because the teams forced the Steelers to go to sub with 12 personnel. If they had a secondary that could play cover 0 or even a Safety that could play centerfield in cover 1...They could have stayed in base.

    The Steelers have to fix the back end because that dictates what they will do up front with match ups. Because Heyward & one of Keisel-Hood stayed on the field in subs...Nix won't push the DE to the sideline in sub. If Nix was a Ngata or a Poe that wouldn't come off the field...I would feel differently. Ngata & Poe played over 700 & 900 snaps on defense. That's a good investment. Having a true NT like Nix would help us in base & situational football. But I wouldn't be spending #15 on a player who will be spending 65% of the snaps on the sideline. Using those snap numbers...It would be like the Steelers spending a Top 100 pick on a FB. Fix the back end. That will help with the coverage matchups & the pass rush. Then they could worry about getting the next Hampton.



  6. #156
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    interesting stat on the NT snap totals... but I have to wonder if those would change if we had a true NT. What were Hampton's snap totals?

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    interesting stat on the NT snap totals... but I have to wonder if those would change if we had a true NT. What were Hampton's snap totals?
    I agree...wonder where Hampton sat there. But, I will concede that JPN makes some good points. Something to think about.

  8. #158
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,333
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Unfortunately...They only know about Spence. I would say if they drafted an ILB within the first 3 rounds they don't feel to good about Spence & they feel Williams is just a solid back-up. Although someone like Van Noy could back-up inside & outside...So that may be an option.
    No problem with ILB or CB at #15 here...No argument. I wouldn't take Nix. I wouldn't be interested in Nix unless the Steelers traded back.

    The Steelers had their NT on the field 375 snaps out of 1,070 and everyone thinks having a True NT would have helped the 21st rank run defense? The Steelers gave up 65% of the rushing yards against nickel & dime. The reason the Steelers were in Nickel & Dime was because the teams forced the Steelers to go to sub with 12 personnel. If they had a secondary that could play cover 0 or even a Safety that could play centerfield in cover 1...They could have stayed in base.

    The Steelers have to fix the back end because that dictates what they will do up front with match ups. Because Heyward & one of Keisel-Hood stayed on the field in subs...Nix won't push the DE to the sideline in sub. If Nix was a Ngata or a Poe that wouldn't come off the field...I would feel differently. Ngata & Poe played over 700 & 900 snaps on defense. That's a good investment. Having a true NT like Nix would help us in base & situational football. But I wouldn't be spending #15 on a player who will be spending 65% of the snaps on the sideline. Using those snap numbers...It would be like the Steelers spending a Top 100 pick on a FB. Fix the back end. That will help with the coverage matchups & the pass rush. Then they could worry about getting the next Hampton.
    JPN, I'm curious about your mock with Benjamin in the first. I know he's big, strong and fast, but he didn't even seem like Jameis Winston's go to guy on the FSU team. Winston seemed to look to Green(e) first and then Benjamin, although, they did call his number on the goal line to win the game.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  9. #159
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    didnt see what rooney said, but how is WR not one of our biggest needs??

    take all 22 starters and who's the weakest? i think we can all agree that sanders wont be back. that leaves cotchery and a relatively untested wheaton as our starters. heck it might be the weakest starting spot with manny back

  10. #160
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Unfortunately...They only know about Spence. I would say if they drafted an ILB within the first 3 rounds they don't feel to good about Spence & they feel Williams is just a solid back-up. Although someone like Van Noy could back-up inside & outside...So that may be an option.
    No problem with ILB or CB at #15 here...No argument. I wouldn't take Nix. I wouldn't be interested in Nix unless the Steelers traded back.

    The Steelers had their NT on the field 375 snaps out of 1,070 and everyone thinks having a True NT would have helped the 21st rank run defense? The Steelers gave up 65% of the rushing yards against nickel & dime. The reason the Steelers were in Nickel & Dime was because the teams forced the Steelers to go to sub with 12 personnel. If they had a secondary that could play cover 0 or even a Safety that could play centerfield in cover 1...They could have stayed in base.

    The Steelers have to fix the back end because that dictates what they will do up front with match ups. Because Heyward & one of Keisel-Hood stayed on the field in subs...Nix won't push the DE to the sideline in sub. If Nix was a Ngata or a Poe that wouldn't come off the field...I would feel differently. Ngata & Poe played over 700 & 900 snaps on defense. That's a good investment. Having a true NT like Nix would help us in base & situational football. But I wouldn't be spending #15 on a player who will be spending 65% of the snaps on the sideline. Using those snap numbers...It would be like the Steelers spending a Top 100 pick on a FB. Fix the back end. That will help with the coverage matchups & the pass rush. Then they could worry about getting the next Hampton.
    $$

    i hope NT and ILB are not in consideration in the first round

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •