Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Nix III

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    It's been a lot of years since Casey was "that" player. And I really don't see Nix as being "that" guy, either.

Use your first-rounder on a difference maker. Otherwise, you will get a Troy Edwards or Ziggy Hood type of return.

We can find a player in later rounds who does what Casey did in his last 3-4 years.
    Shoot, we have that already in McLendon and probably Fangupo. I totally agree too, with your other remark too. In the end, when we end up picking at 15, we scan our Big Board and look for the biggest difference-maker. If it happens to be on defense, you do a cartwheel. If it happens to be an offensive player, you lament... but you send the card up.

The reason I make that point, is because I think we seriously need a defensive impact player on defense. Someone that our D can hang their hat on. The second reason is because I hope we don't discount guys, because they aren't perceived to "fit our scheme".

Legend

User Info Menu

It's been a lot of years since Casey was "that" player. And I really don't see Nix as being "that" guy, either.

Use your first-rounder on a difference maker. Otherwise, you will get a Troy Edwards or Ziggy Hood type of return.

We can find a player in later rounds who does what Casey did in his last 3-4 years.
    totally agree
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    The reason I make that point, is because I think we seriously need a defensive impact player on defense. Someone that our D can hang their hat on. The second reason is because I hope we don't discount guys, because they aren't perceived to "fit our scheme".
    $$$$
    Get impact players, and then adjust the scheme to accentuate their strengths.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want a player to do what Casey did in his last 4 years. I want a player to do what Casey did in his first 4 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that you take a difference maker. But as for NT, I don't want to just settle for the last 4 years of Hampton. I'd love to see a powerful, disruptive NT who is a force in the running game and who at least gets push in the passing game. Again, I'm not sure whether Nix is that guy or not, but a monster NT, paired with Heyward, would go a long way to making the D a force to be reckoned with.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree that you take a difference maker. But as for NT, I don't want to just settle for the last 4 years of Hampton. I'd love to see a powerful, disruptive NT who is a force in the running game and who at least gets push in the passing game. Again, I'm not sure whether Nix is that guy or not, but a monster NT, paired with Heyward, would go a long way to making the D a force to be reckoned with.
    I'm seriously confused.. people scream the scheme works we just need talent and then they turn around and want to spend a 4th or 5th rounder to play the most important piece of the 3-4. It all starts with the NT and if we can get a monster NT in Nix in the first then you take it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't want a player to do what Casey did in his last 4 years. I want a player to do what Casey did in his first 4 years.
    Great. But he's not going to be there when we use our #1 pick. Nix is not that guy, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I'm seriously confused..
    Well, now, there you go...
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 01-20-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Don't spend your first rounder on someone like that. We did that at DE with Ziggy Hood, and you see how well that worked.

If you have a chance to draft a "monster NT," then do it, but I don't see anything from Nix that screams that he's that guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Casey was probably "that player" for only a couple of years in his career. I don't want to spend #15 to get a couple of years of Casey. Getting a little less would work too.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Great. But he's not going to be there when we use our #1 pick. Nix is not that guy, IMO.

Well, now, there you go...
    why won't he be available? I thought he wasn't "that" type of player.