Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the games fixed ?

Since the refs missed the illegal 7 men on one side and what have you, do you think Tomlin can use that as a trade off for the loss of one of our draft picks ? Only joking but where is the justice in this league ?

There is no justice.

Are the games fixed? Go ask Neil O'Donnell that question.

Well it sure seems like it's fixed sometimes. Especially with the refs.

But how does a K "fix" and miss on purpose when he just "barely" missed? It wasn't shanked or anything. I really doubt Succop was thinking about the Steelers before the ball was kicked.

I still think a conspiracy theory is crazy. No way could the league pull that one off. It would only take one person talking to bring the entire league down. Now if you are talking about a ref here and a ref there getting paid off for a certain result. That I can buy into. I have no doubt that has and will continue to happen but this league wide conspiracy thing is BS.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I still think a conspiracy theory is crazy. No way could the league pull that one off. It would only take one person talking to bring the entire league down. Now if you are talking about a ref here and a ref there getting paid off for a certain result. That I can buy into. I have no doubt that has and will continue to happen but this league wide conspiracy thing is BS.
    Definitely a ref or 2. I dont think anyone believes players or coaches are scripting plays to lose or fix games.

Some of these calls that extend drives, nullify a TO or take points off the board are suspect.

The San Diego game where Troy scored on the last play and they didn't count the TD is a prime example of point shaving.

I feel that way too that a ref is probably more likely to be the guy controlling the points when called upon by Vegas, the mob or Goodell. The Troy issue in San Diego is a for sure in my book of something being taken care of for the odds makers. I think you can get to a players also. Hmm, something about the 95 Super Bowl game seemed fishy to me. Who was that qb that kept the points and the outcome of that game right on line ?