Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Don't be surprised if Dick LeBeau retires...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LeBeau isn't going anywhere. It's like Shawshank Redemption. He's been "Institutionalized" ...... as soon as he's freed from the NFL he'll die.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    LeBeau isn't going anywhere. It's like Shawshank Redemption. He's been "Institutionalized" ...... as soon as he's freed from the NFL he'll die.
    LeBeau was here.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    You may be correct. Like Joe Pa. The game is what keeps them going.
    I'd probably be bored to death without my job too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, Kevin Butler was the former placekicker for the Bears, and father of the punter we had last season.
    ...and our future DC!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    I was going to point out JoePa too. JOEPA was Here too Shawn!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    ...and as a life long Penn State fan I also recognize that keeping Joe Pa resulted in mediocrity as other Big 10 programs like Ohio State and Michigan State were moving forward.

I don't want that for our Steelers defense juts because it is a "respect" thing
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been on both sides of the "scheme vs. players" debate. I've seen enough missed tackles to know that the players must shoulder some of the blame because they were put in position to make plays, but the lack of pressure and 10 yard cushion bother me as well. The question is, can the scheme work again without so many holes? i.e. NT, FS

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I've been on both sides of the "scheme vs. players" debate. I've seen enough missed tackles to know that the players must shoulder some of the blame because they were put in position to make plays, but the lack of pressure and 10 yard cushion bother me as well. The question is, can the scheme work again without so many holes? i.e. NT, FS
    You adjust your scheme to maximize the abilities of the players you actually have and don't hope the players can do what you want because you love your system and don't want to change. That is called good coaching.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and as a life long Penn State fan I also recognize that keeping Joe Pa resulted in mediocrity as other Big 10 programs like Ohio State and Michigan State were moving forward.

I don't want that for our Steelers defense juts because it is a "respect" thing
    While they have similarities I really don't think the game has passed LeBeau. the game passed JoePa a long time ago. Do you really think LeBeau would fail if he still had HARRISON, FARRIOR, POLAMALU & IKE in their prime. this is a talent issue, not a scheme issue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You adjust your scheme to maximize the abilities of the players you actually have and don't hope the players can do what you want because you love your system and don't want to change. That is called good coaching.
    Lebeau adjusted his scheme quite a bit. For example, Troy played ILB to cover the talent deficiencies with that unit. I'm not sure how this team's talent translates any better into a 4-3. For Lebeau to have this defense in the middle of the pack, despite serious talent issues, is quite an accomplishment.