Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't be surprised if Dick LeBeau retires...

Although it won't be Frazier, today Tomlin said Keith Butler had never been promised a DC job.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Although it won't be Frazier, today Tomlin said Keith Butler had never been promised a DC job.
    Do you have a link were I can read about that?

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Do you have a link were I can read about that?
    Tomlin said there is no formal plan in place for linebackers coach Keith Butler to become the next defensive coordinator. He also said he plans to take his time when making all offseason decisions, not just those involving coaches.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2p34GTycK

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Tomlin said there is no formal plan in place for linebackers coach Keith Butler to become the next defensive coordinator. He also said he plans to take his time when making all offseason decisions, not just those involving coaches.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2p34GTycK

so basically rooney hasnt told tomlin who tomlin is gonna fire or hire
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Six out of 9 seasons as a coach, Frazier's defense was in the bottom half of the league.

No thanks.
    But I thought that was a talent issue not a coach issue. At least that is the excuse I have read all year being given for LeBeau's failures
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But I thought that was a talent issue not a coach issue. At least that is the excuse I have read all year being given for LeBeau's failures

Sorry to disappoint you Ovi. DL's defense finished in the top half of the league in total yds per game and scoring defense.

But, feel free to continue to preach......

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Has Lebeau failed 6 out of 9 times? I doubt you'll find any 9 year period where Lebeau's defenses were bottom half of the league. In a down year, this year, they were still mediocre, just not dominant like in the past.

Lebeau isn't the problem, Haley isn't the problem and Tomlin isn't the problem, the team responded to the coaches otherwise at 2-6 they would have folded up shop for the year and won 4 games total. The coaches did their jobs keeping the team focused and ready to play football and they went 6-2 down the stretch. They needed 8-0 or 7-1, they came up one game short, now the front office is in the oven to keep the key components in place for next year and draft some talent that will become contributors as it seems last year's draft will do.

When you miss two complete drafts you put your team at a disadvantage financially and from a talent perspective and I believe that's what we have seen last year and this year. Now that the 2010, 2011 and 2012 drafts are developing the level of play has increased and the team is moving forward. Another respectable draft this year and the Steelers should be able to take advantage of the last 4-5 years of Ben's prime.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you Ovi. DL's defense finished in the top half of the league in total yds per game and scoring defense.

But, feel free to continue to preach......
    Ugh...if you seen this D and can say with a straight face they are anything but miserable...I don't know what else to say. You say the numbers don't lie...well I say they are lying to your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ugh...if you seen this D and can say with a straight face they are anything but miserable...I don't know what else to say. You say the numbers don't lie...well I say they are lying to your face.
    This defense is miserable for a "Steeler" defense. If you think this defense is miserable for an NFL defense you must not watch any other games. The only dominant defense in the league this year is the Seahawks defense. Other than that defenses routinely get gashed. San Fran was thought to have a very good defense but they had the ball moved against them very easily. Did you notice Arizona come back from a 17-0 deficit and almost beat them? Does that sound familiar? I guess everybody has figured out their 'system' so they should fire their coordinator.

We've been spoiled by the talent and scheme that Cowher, Tomlin, LeBeau and Colbert have put on the field for many years. Now we are going to have to adjust and let the Offense drive the team while the defense does what it can and hopefully make big plays when we need them.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    This defense is miserable for a "Steeler" defense. If you think this defense is miserable for an NFL defense you must not watch any other games. The only dominant defense in the league this year is the Seahawks defense. Other than that defenses routinely get gashed. San Fran was thought to have a very good defense but they had the ball moved against them very easily. Did you notice Arizona come back from a 17-0 deficit and almost beat them? Does that sound familiar? I guess everybody has figured out their 'system' so they should fire their coordinator.

We've been spoiled by the talent and scheme that Cowher, Tomlin, LeBeau and Colbert have put on the field for many years. Now we are going to have to adjust and let the Offense drive the team while the defense does what it can and hopefully make big plays when we need them.
    There you go making sense again. Don't you know that doesn't fit the agenda?

We've been spoiled by having dominant D's over the years. This years wasn't really that bad. A lot of other teams would love to have our D and probably our DC if they thought they could get him.