Post Comp Picks for Wallace & Lewis

I believe we get a 3rd for WALLACE
    What do we get for Keenan Lewis?? 4th??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't think Lewis' contract was especially big, was it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Big Enough to where we didn't match it or even come close.
    5yr/$26million ($11 million signing)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't laugh but will the loss of James Harrison get us a pick? I don't know the rules on this too well...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

No, because Harrison was cut..

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't think Lewis' contract was especially big, was it?
    I thought the size of the contract was only one consideration? Don't they also take into consideration whether the player was a starter and stats or somethings like that?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I thought the size of the contract was only one consideration? Don't they also take into consideration whether the player was a starter and stats or somethings like that?
    I don't know the exact formula, but it's a combination of salary, stats, and post-season honors (e.g. All Pro, Pro Bowl, etc.).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I don't know the exact formula, but it's a combination of salary, stats, and post-season honors (e.g. All Pro, Pro Bowl, etc.).
    You are not alone. Nobody knows the formula. The NFL keeps it a secret, even though some are pretty good at predicting the outcomes. There was a guy who had a blog that was over 90% accurate, but he eventually stopped writing it.

The Steelers should get comp picks for Lewis and Wallace. Wallace is likely to be a third, and I'd guess a 4th or 5th for Lewis. I think that Mendenhall and Gradkowski will cancel each other out.

I believe that Starks signed too late, and I think that Will Allen and Mundy only got minimum deals, so they are unlikely to qualify.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    You are not alone. Nobody knows the formula. The NFL keeps it a secret, even though some are pretty good at predicting the outcomes. There was a guy who had a blog that was over 90% accurate, but he eventually stopped writing it.

The Steelers should get comp picks for Lewis and Wallace. Wallace is likely to be a third, and I'd guess a 4th or 5th for Lewis. I think that Mendenhall and Gradkowski will cancel each other out.

I believe that Starks signed too late, and I think that Will Allen and Mundy only got minimum deals, so they are unlikely to qualify.
    A 3rd for Wallace seems high - he wasn't even the best WR on his own team. I thought the player had to be a "top-5 at his position" type in order to warrant 3rd round compensation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    A 3rd for Wallace seems high - he wasn't even the best WR on his own team. I thought the player had to be a "top-5 at his position" type in order to warrant 3rd round compensation.
    Wallace screwing the Steelers again....