Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody really think Diesel won't come back next year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anybody really think Diesel won't come back next year?

He seems to be really energetic and enjoying himself lately.

Where did all that talk start??

I hope he comes back!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gonna be purely a financial decision as with all of our veterans
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's still playing at a pretty good clip...he looked good today...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It will probably depend on who else stays around and how much he wants to make.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keep Keisel here next year. Say goodbye to Zig. Lots of good can come from having Keisel on this team and playing too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just depends on how much he wants to make next season.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

vet minimum and he stays. I seriously doubt he has the leverage or the interest from other teams to get more elsewhere. so unless he decides to retire, i think he comes back under those terms.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    vet minimum and he stays. I seriously doubt he has the leverage or the interest from other teams to get more elsewhere. so unless he decides to retire, i think he comes back under those terms.
    That sounds about right, if he comes back. Keisel played with a lot of fire the past two weeks, likely knowing that these could be his last two games. If he comes back, I'd want to see him as a rotational player. I don't particularly want to see Ziggy Hood return, but he was not as bad at the end of the season. I doubt that both will return, and I think the infusion of some new blood at DE could help a lot. A Travis Kirschke or KVO level FA, somebody who could add some strength and toughness without breaking the bank, would help a lot.

Legend

User Info Menu

As a 10+ year veteran, Keisel will be at the veteran minimum of $955K for 2014 + any bonus money he wants or they add. I thought the last CBA included some cap relief for the older guys and counting against the overall cap hit but maybe I'm making that up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Depends. He is not a 16 game player any longer, so taking the roster spot is something to consider. Vet minimum is fair for the team, but no one knows what Kiesel thinks is fair.