Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Browns Reportedly Fire Chudzinski After Steelers Loss....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Agreed. I thought Cleveland had a strong coaching staff. Norv's offense made stars out of Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron even though they had Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl throwing balls to them all season. This knee-jerk decision sets them back once again.
    From what I heard on Sirius NFL Radio, they are keeping the assistants on hand for now. Smart in a way because they are pretty good positional coaches, but that just seems weird to force assistants onto a new hire head coach {checks Steelers staff when Tomlin hired}...oh never mind. You never know, it could work. Gotta find the answer at QB man, that has been the thorn in the Clowns side forever.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that press conference was brutal. WTAM 1100 has been gold today

jimmy haslam looked like he was gonna stroke out

From an article about the press conference i saw floating around:
    One reporter at the press conference asked Haslam whether he,Browns CEO Joe Banner and G.M. Mike Lombardi are “The Three Stooges runningthis operation.” Haslam insisted that he and the men he hired know what they’redoing, although he acknowledged that firing the head coach after one 4-12season will be met with some skepticism.
    “Wedeserve the skepticism,” Haslam said. “We have the best fans in the world, andI’ve said our fans deserve better.”
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

cleveland media brought the pitchforks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    cleveland media brought the pitchforks
    as well they should..

I was reading today what some of the players had to say. They were upset to say the least. I can see a couple of 4-12 seasons warranting a job loss but not a single season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haslam, from October 2012: “One thing I learned from watching the Steelers is the importance of consistency in coaching, and how much it sets you back when you’re always making a change. When you change coaches, it can be a three- or four-year deal to get back.”

Longest-serving Brown player - D’Qwell Jackson when told how many coaches the Steelers have had since 1969 - “Three since 1969?” Jackson said. “That’s incredible. Next year will be my ninth season here—and it’ll be my fifth head coach.”

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Agreed. I thought Cleveland had a strong coaching staff. Norv's offense made stars out of Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron even though they had Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl throwing balls to them all season. This knee-jerk decision sets them back once again.
    Local radio is saying that hiring Chud was the knee-jerk last season. Haslam really thought they were going to grab Chip Kelly and when that fell through they really didn't have much of a back-up plan. Also talking about the team "correcting a mistake" by hiring Chud in the first place. Kinda feel for the coach. Apparently, Chud is a smart guy but not a guy that can fire a team up emotionally. I think this has more to do with the team lacking a true leader. They certainly don't have one on offense, and not sure who you could point to on defense.
    Certain fans like to rip the team for it, but there is a good reason why the Steelers like a strong mix of vet and young players. Someone has to mentor the young ones as their leadership develops.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Local radio is saying that hiring Chud was the knee-jerk last season. Haslam really thought they were going to grab Chip Kelly and when that fell through they really didn't have much of a back-up plan. Also talking about the team "correcting a mistake" by hiring Chud in the first place. Kinda feel for the coach. Apparently, Chud is a smart guy but not a guy that can fire a team up emotionally. I think this has more to do with the team lacking a true leader. They certainly don't have one on offense, and not sure who you could point to on defense.
    Certain fans like to rip the team for it, but there is a good reason why the Steelers like a strong mix of vet and young players. Someone has to mentor the young ones as their leadership develops.
    If you have players that need "fired up" coaching isn't the problem.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That leadership needs to develop over time. It doesn't happen over night. Heck Colt McCoy had great leadership characteristics in college, for what that's worth.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't want to see Manziel in Cleveland...I can tell you that much.
    Why not??? I'd LOVE to see Manziel in Cleveland. JM is a great COLLEGE qb but it's not going to transition to the NFL. I don't think he's gonna make it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chip Kelly took the Philly job because he knew the track record of the Cleveland organization compared with the Eagles and weighed them out, no doubt. Would you blame him? I wouldn't.

The Browns job should be sitting idle when all others have been filled. This HC will be #5 on their current payroll. Think about that: Once they hire their next epic fail of a HC, he will be getting paid along with four other guys hired ahead of him!

The Three Stooges can couch it any way they want. Accepting the Cleveland Browns head coaching job is career poison.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!