Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Browns Reportedly Fire Chudzinski After Steelers Loss....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    McDaniels. Connected to GM Lombardi and Cheats have a bye, so he can be interviewed....
    Willl he bring Tebow back into the league? (tongue in cheek)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lovie smith

the haslams flirted with him for the TENN job once before

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Maybe. But this young QB will probably be thrown to the wolves against the Defenses of the AFCN. He will probably struggle and have the the fanbase calling for his head by this time next year. I just don't see any new QB in a new system coming to town to save the day for them. They've had so many "white knights" in the last decade or so that never pan out. If they do draft a QB, they would be well served to let him sit behind Hoyer for a year or so if possible. It won't be popular, but it would probably be best for the player.
    I agree in terms of not throwing the kid to the Wolves to a degree Sugar. However,..... if the Ownership, Coaches as well as Bortles and his teammates really believe in what they are capable of,....i say let him play after Drafting and using F/A to build a "F your life" defense.

Backup

User Info Menu

You could put Peyton Manning at QB, the Steel curtain as the defense, the hogs as the OL, Jerry Rice at WR and Emmitt Smith at RB and they'd still be a cluster****. No matter who they draft they will still suck because the organization is dysfunctional.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Maybe. But this young QB will probably be thrown to the wolves against the Defenses of the AFCN. He will probably struggle and have the the fanbase calling for his head by this time next year. I just don't see any new QB in a new system coming to town to save the day for them. They've had so many "white knights" in the last decade or so that never pan out. If they do draft a QB, they would be well served to let him sit behind Hoyer for a year or so if possible. It won't be popular, but it would probably be best for the player.
    I don't want to see Manziel in Cleveland...I can tell you that much.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really thought the Browns were heading in the right direction. Chudzinski might have made a good coach given half a chance. Turner as the OC and Horton as the DC are good coordinators. They got some picks with the Richardson trade. Oh well ...

I'm just glad I'm not a Browns fan.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I really thought the Browns were heading in the right direction. Chudzinski might have made a good coach given half a chance. Turner as the OC and Horton as the DC are good coordinators. They got some picks with the Richardson trade. Oh well ...

I'm just glad I'm not a Browns fan.
    Agreed. I thought Cleveland had a strong coaching staff. Norv's offense made stars out of Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron even though they had Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl throwing balls to them all season. This knee-jerk decision sets them back once again.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Cleveland Browns are an embarrassment to the NFL and why the league keeps insisting that they are the Steelers primary rival is a mystery. We all need to send a letter to our beloved Commissioner explaining why the Clowns don't deserve to be our NFL twin and why they are not a franchise worthy of NFL standing.

Doesn't matter who their next head coach is, I already have his new nick name: Lipstick. You can put lipstick on a pig. Makes the pig look prettier. But it's still a pig.

Doesn't matter who they draft, either. He will bust under the immediate pressure he will be put under in Cleveland. And, rest assured, that player will be a QB.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't find it, but somebody posted a pretty accurate graphic last night about the cycle of dysfunction in Cleveland. Essentially, they hire a coach who drafts a crap QB, getting the coach fired, who then drafts his own crap QB, and the cycle continues.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that press conference was brutal. WTAM 1100 has been gold today

jimmy haslam looked like he was gonna stroke out