Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers will draft 15th in round 1.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers will draft 15th in round 1.

Well there it is pick 15. Between now and May mock drafts will be a plenty. With a bunch of qb's going early a stud or two should be there for us. Since we are as Roy Blount jr. once wrote "three bricks shy of a load" I can't wait to get a few of those special players and make a run at it in 14.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm afraid this team is going to have a strange offseason. I think last years draft can be special if they all reach their potential but this team needs depth and a youth movement especially on Defense. Here's hoping to a stud dropping to us at #15.
    This year's WR group looks very deep
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'm afraid this team is going to have a strange offseason. I think last years draft can be special if they all reach their potential but this team needs depth and a youth movement especially on Defense. Here's hoping to a stud dropping to us at #15.
    This year's WR group looks very deep
    if the WR class is deep hopfully we can get one in the mid rounds that can contribute. Right now (looking at immediate need) I am think CB, Safety, or NT if a stud is available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Defense, defense, and more defense, the offense is coming together, the defense needs help and for Worilds to sign and Jarvis to take a leap forward.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

15th huh ? Well, then we stand fast at 15 and step on our d#cks with a bum 0-lineman or a "WTF are you thinking ?" project player that Tomlin falls in love with. Awesome.lol smh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Defense, defense, and more defense, the offense is coming together, the defense needs help and for Worilds to sign and Jarvis to take a leap forward.

Pappy
    agreed. Let's do what we can to keep this O-Line together (including Velasco, Levi Brown)...let loose of some of the old money (by cuts/paycuts, etc) and re-tool the defense in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Levi Brown??????
    Not for $6 million

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know his situation... do we have to pay him that as part of the trade with AZ? Wasn't sure if his contract was negotiable for next year.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    15th huh ? Well, then we stand fast at 15 and step on our d#cks with a bum 0-lineman or a "WTF are you thinking ?" project player that Tomlin falls in love with. Awesome.lol smh
    Don't know about bum O-linemen .. other than the tackle from Alabama whose name I am too inebriated to spell ... however, most of the "instant" mocks have both your #1 guys available to us at 15 ... will they qualify as "project" players "that Tomlin falls in love with" if we pick them? Or, are you just a Negative Nancy who doesn't like anything done during the Tomlin era?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Nix could fall to 15. I've got 15 guys I'd take at 15, so I'm ok with that spot. Woulda preferred 32 though.