Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers will draft 15th in round 1.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    talk about a joke... Nix was a beast in that game. He wasn't the reason Bama put up stats.
    I'm with you on this feltdizz. What I saw was a player constantly driving his man deep into the pocket/backfield. Too me, that is dominating for a NT.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm seeing the same thing. The film is what actually changed my mind on the guy.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Ovi,
    Respectfully, if you thought he got handled in that BCS game, then it tells me where you are coming from. I had to re-watch it myself ([URL]http://youtu.be/GhBLKebN_b8[/URL]), just to make sure... and I stopped watching around the 6 minute mark, because I didn't need to watch any more.

He didn't put up gaudy statistics or even dominate, but saying he got handled...
    I think he did dominate. Watch every time he is blocked one on one. He consistently drives his man deep into the pocket/backfield. That is domination.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...86DE43343362A5

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think he did dominate. Watch every time he is blocked one on one. He consistently drives his man deep into the pocket/backfield. That is domination.

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. I'm just trying to look at it from ovi's PoV.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would take Trent Murphy in a nano-second. Guy is a great football player.
    Trent Murphy would make an excellent 4-3 DE...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dub you know I value your draft opinion. I am NO scout what so ever. The only reason I feel I can talk about the Steelers players is I watch every game every year. But just watching that video I see some of the things people do not like with McClendon. He is penetrating a bunch and then washed out of more then a few plays. Has no real impact on them plays either a running or passing play. He is a few yards in the back field but it did not matter that my eyes can see. Also will he take time to learn to be a Steelers NT or be "wasted" as some here feel players are if the Steelers just have him anchor and hold the point? Now I will never take 1 game and say a kid is worth a 1st round draft pick or not. I will continue to see what all the talking heads have to say about him. Then agree or disagree. Still like your mock as of today. But I think your 6rd pick will not be O line. There are a bunch of O line men now on the roster or could be by draft time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I'll just throw this idea out there.... How about moving Jones to ILB and drafting Trent Murphy out of Stanford. Guy is one hell of a player and leader. 6'6" 261 lbs.. Might even make a good DE in the 3-4....? Projected as a 1st rounder... bring him on up to 15 from the low- mid 20's..
    I do not hate that Idea. But I will say that I wonder if Timmons was really picked to be a OLB along with Woodley being picked and Harrsion here? I think they seen him as a ILB or if needed a OLB. Plus he was good enough to need to be on the field in a hurry. Now with Jones I think he was picked to only be a OLB. Now I would not pass on a BPA that is a need or will be soon for the Steelers. Would love to see a trade back but with at least 9 picks I don't think that would happen. This is going to be an interesting draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Dub you know I value your draft opinion. I am NO scout what so ever. The only reason I feel I can talk about the Steelers players is I watch every game every year. But just watching that video I see some of the things people do not like with McClendon. He is penetrating a bunch and then washed out of more then a few plays. Has no real impact on them plays either a running or passing play. He is a few yards in the back field but it did not matter that my eyes can see. Also will he take time to learn to be a Steelers NT or be "wasted" as some here feel players are if the Steelers just have him anchor and hold the point? Now I will never take 1 game and say a kid is worth a 1st round draft pick or not. I will continue to see what all the talking heads have to say about him. Then agree or disagree. Still like your mock as of today. But I think your 6rd pick will not be O line. There are a bunch of O line men now on the roster or could be by draft time.
    The penetration he gets when blocked by one player is what I see has impressive. A player like him isnt going to make a ton of plays (racking up stats), but he will allow players like Timmons to be clean through the hole. When they ran at Nix, or to either side of him, is was always behind a double team. Look at a guy like Vince Wolfork. He was consistently in the 30-40's every year for tackles. But the guys behind him were racking up the plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just watched the link you provided and I saw something much different. the Steelers want their NT to be a two-gap, hold your ground and occupy two blockers kind of player and Nix is more of a penetrating, one gap player who often overran plays in this game.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The penetration he gets when blocked by one player is what I see has impressive. A player like him isnt going to make a ton of plays (racking up stats), but he will allow players like Timmons to be clean through the hole. When they ran at Nix, or to either side of him, is was always behind a double team. Look at a guy like Vince Wolfork. He was consistently in the 30-40's every year for tackles. But the guys behind him were racking up the plays.
    I get what you are saying. I just don't remember Hamp or Hoke penetrate that much? It was hold the point or push there lane only a tad and hold then shed for a tackle here and there. I know you want the ILB clean as possible. I could be wrong but I am saying he looks to be doing the same things as McClendon. To much Penetration it looks to me. Maybe even out of his lane. Can he hold the point like most here want the NT to do or will it take some time for him to do that? I am just after a fair assessment of all possible Steeler draft picks.