Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers will draft 15th in round 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be ok with many guys in that position...

Mosley, several DBs, couple LTs, Ebron, Evans, Ha Ha...tons of great players should be sitting there. Nix...maybe. NT is certainly a need.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You don't draft a Safety in the top half of the draft unless he is a game changer (Polamalu/Reed). Dix is not a game changer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Levi Brown will be the first guy the Steelers go to. He will have to take a pay cut & play for vet min in '14 or he will be released.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    You don't draft a Safety in the top half of the draft unless he is a game changer (Polamalu/Reed). Dix is not a game changer.
    Agreed!!!!!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The back half of the Season told me what I needed to see. The Steelers secondary needs 1-2 CBs for '14 & possible one young S. The Steelers need to retain Worilds. If they do...Any OLB not named Worilds or Jones needs to go. Unless Woodley agrees to a substantial pay cut in '14 to prove his worth of his current contract...He MAY be designated a post June 1st cut if Worilds stays. Solidified by what I saw yesterday...They will need a WR. They won't pay Sanders & Wheaton has work to do. They will retain Cotchery. Moye looked like a deer in the headlight & we don't know enough about J Brown. They need a presence opposite AB & I didn't see enough out of anyone to say he is on this roster.

The OL really could be taken out of consideration in the Top 4 rounds IMO. We all watched the games & know who was on IR. The "ONLY" OL I may consider at #15 is Greg Robinson. I believe he will be better than Jake Matthews. If he stays in school...He may be a Top 3 pick. It would be hard to pass that up. He should be gone in Top 10.

So in the 1st @ #15...No to QB, RB, OL, NT (Sorry Nix Fans), DE, & S.

I will say no to a Rush OLB & ILB in the 1st....BUT not to a "LB". Scratching your head? This may be one name that builds some steam for Steelers as the draft process unfolds if...Kyle Van Noy. Chad Brown...I mean Van Noy seems to fit what the Steelers D is trying to do. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that saw it. I also think V Williams's play & Spence's health made Foote expendable. You have Worilds, Timmons, Jones, V Williams, Spence, & Van Noy as the Top of your LB depth...That's a future.

CB is a strong possibility in the 1st...We will have to see about @ #15. Now we are hearing the rumors of possible Taylor to FS so if CB isn't addresses in FA...You would assume one will be picked in the 1st or 2nd.

As I mentioned above...WR is a strong possibility in the 1st. I think Watkins & Evans are Top 15 guys.

I think a TE in the 1st is a strong possibility too but I don't think there is on @ #15 right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I hate that mock draft season is here so early once again (especially since the draft itself has been pushed back from April to May), but I'll have to throw my initial mock into the ring (at least the first two days...more research needs to be done regarding potential day 3 picks).

1. NT Lucas Nix, Notre Dame
    2. CB Marcus Roberson, Florida or CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma
    3. WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin (comp pick for losing Mike Wallace)
    Remember who told everyone this: we will NOT be taking a player on offense in either of the first two rounds!

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't take one in either of the first two DAYS. If the WR crop is really as good and deep as advertised, we won't need to take one until the top of Day 3 anyway. Let's find out what we have with Wheaton, Moye and (possibly) Justin Brown before we give away the draft to a position where we might only need depth.

That said, this is as good a pre-combine draft as I've seen. Nix is a Domer and the Irish have a fairly credible calling card with recent players they have sent to the NFL. So, if Nix was there at #15, I'd be comfortable with taking him, at this point (of course, that is subject to change).

It is almost certain the Steelers need a CB with one of their first two picks and probably need at least two or three of their selections devoted to the DB corps in this draft. By the end of the 2015 season, Clarkie, Troy and Ike will have all played they last games as Pittsburgh Steelers. The youth movement in the secondary must begin with the 2014 Draft, and the Steelers are kidding themselves if they believe otherwise.

I'm going to post (hopefully before the playoff games this weekend) a position-by-position analysis of where the Steelers are at on their current roster. The sneak peek I can offer is that I feel as if the O is in good shape, all around, and that depth is the only overriding concern, while the D needs an infusion of youth in the trenches and the secondary and, if certain cards play as I might speculate, the D might need a full-scale youth movement.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I don't know his situation... do we have to pay him that as part of the trade with AZ? Wasn't sure if his contract was negotiable for next year.
    Levi Brown is gone and we owe the Cards nothing. He never took a snap for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Levi Brown is under contract with the Steelers until '16. His numbers are all base salary except a annual workout bonus of $250k. If the Steelers cut him...It cost the nothing against the cap. They do not owe the Cards anything on the trade because he wasn't active for 5 games. If he would be willing to take a cut to vet min for '14... He would be a good camp body for competition & depth. If he doesn't take the cut & is released ... He may not find a job until after week 1. He isn't in a good situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is too good of a quarterback to take a WR in the 1st round in my opinion; he can make a receivers better than they really are and the Steelers have a shown that they don't like to pay top receivers, Burress, Holmes and now Wallace. A WR in round 4, 5, etc would be okay, IMO. The draft needs to be defense heavy in rounds 1-3 to add depth and potential starters at CB and FS.

I like a CB and the a FS in 1 and 2.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 12-31-2013 at 08:05 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ben is too good of a quarterback to take a WR in the 1st round in my opinion; he can make a receivers better than they really are and the Steelers have a shown that they don't like to pay top receivers, Burress, Holmes and now Wallace. A WR in round 4, 5, etc would be okay, IMO. The draft needs to be defense heavy in rounds 1-3 to add depth and potential starters at CB and FS.

I like a CB and the a FS in 1 and 2.

Pappy
    I'm pretty well with you on the "D" early idea. Take DB's early and hope like heck that Al Woods or even McClendon can fill the void at NT. Same at LB with Williams and Spence. Maybe draft a LB in the 3rd/4th.
    Last edited by papillon; 12-31-2013 at 08:06 AM.