Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers will draft 15th in round 1.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I think Nix could fall to 15. I've got 15 guys I'd take at 15, so I'm ok with that spot. Woulda preferred 32 though.
    I would love to see Ha Ha fall to us at 15 ... would not be upset with Evans ... am not too impressed with Nix, but wouldn't be upset with the pick at 15 ... the problem with most of us fans is that we look at the draft and think that EVERY pick HAS to be a STAR ... that would mean that in a five year period, you've picked 5 All-Pros ... doesn't happen that way. Sorry, but the guy who is a solid contributor on an exceptional Defense/Offense is valuable too ... You want STARS obviously ... but you're not going to get them with every pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I would love to see Ha Ha fall to us at 15 ... would not be upset with Evans ... am not too impressed with Nix, but wouldn't be upset with the pick at 15 ... the problem with most of us fans is that we look at the draft and think that EVERY pick HAS to be a STAR ... that would mean that in a five year period, you've picked 5 All-Pros ... doesn't happen that way. Sorry, but the guy who is a solid contributor on an exceptional Defense/Offense is valuable too ... You want STARS obviously ... but you're not going to get them with every pick
    That is an excellent observation, IMO. I was thinking about that a bit earlier today.

Backup

User Info Menu

Hahaha,...SB,.... as an individual and human being i dig Mike Tomlin. Seems like a stand up guy and probably someone anyone would be fortunate to have as a friend, family member or business associate. However if you allow him to have anything to do with your draft process from a corporate standpoint,.....you are in a world of hurt. And that is not just merely my opinion,...he has had years to prove as much.

With that said, it is my opinion that because Evans and Nix will perform well in offseason workouts and at the combine,....they will both more than likely be off of the board before our pick rolls around at 15.

But hey,..there is always Dix, Lewan or some cornerback whom can barely speak English or will make little to no difference for years to come to be had ! lol

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    With that said, it is my opinion that because Evans and Nix will perform well in offseason workouts and at the combine,....they will both more than likely be off of the board before our pick rolls around at 15.

But hey,..there is always Dix, Lewan or some cornerback whom can barely speak English or will make little to no difference for years to come to be had ! lol
    Not to cut off your whole quote ... but, if the pick is Lewan, I'm puking and pulling out my hair ... immediately ... I watched the kid mail it in this year and get dominated by Bosa and Spence from OSU (a freshman and sophomore respectively) .. Don't have a problem with Ha Ha ... the top flight CB's will be gone by pick 15 ... in other words, you (and possibly I) had better pray that your guys "FALL" for some reason ... otherwise, neither you nor I will be happy. Personally between the two of your first round guys, I'd rather see Evans in the B&G.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I personally don't want any OL in the first round. Not unless the best LT somehow falls to 15 and even then I'm not so sure about it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I personally don't want any OL in the first round. Not unless the best LT somehow falls to 15 and even then I'm not so sure about it.
    Don't trip. If Jake Matthews were to fall to 15, we send an e-mail, text, hire Usain Bolt to run the card up to the commish.

But I agree with you... if that doesn't happen, I hesitate taking another lineman (not knowing too much about them at this point). I am curious why people here aren't high on Nix as I am. Does he have extenuating circumstances (i.e. injury risk)? Google his last year's BCS game vs. Bama, to watch how good this kid is!

That all being said, I'm for the BDPA (Best Defensive Player Available).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As of right now (pre-combine), I like my draft for the Steelers....
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Don't trip. If Jake Matthews were to fall to 15, we send an e-mail, text, hire Usain Bolt to run the card up to the commish.

But I agree with you... if that doesn't happen, I hesitate taking another lineman (not knowing too much about them at this point). I am curious why people here aren't high on Nix as I am. Does he have extenuating circumstances (i.e. injury risk)? Google his last year's BCS game vs. Bama, to watch how good this kid is!

That all being said, I'm for the BDPA (Best Defensive Player Available).
    I'm thinking the same thing. Of course, there is a lot to shake out this offseason. Heck, there are only a handful of guys on the D side of the ball that haven't been at least rumored to be gone. Hopefully, the FO can take care of things in short order and get things in line prior to April.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate that mock draft season is here so early once again (especially since the draft itself has been pushed back from April to May), but I'll have to throw my initial mock into the ring (at least the first two days...more research needs to be done regarding potential day 3 picks).

1. NT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
    2. CB Marcus Roberson, Florida or CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma
    3. WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin (comp pick for losing Mike Wallace)
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 12-30-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    As of right now (pre-combine), I like my draft for the Steelers....
    You'd take Gilbert at 15 with Evans, Nix or even Marquise on the board Dub ?